Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

After School Nanny in Highbury, London

(5 Posts)
niccolasmith Tue 26-Jun-12 14:30:03

Hi everyone! I've just moved to Highbury & Islington in London and will be starting full time work at the end of July.

I have a wonderful four-year-old son who will also be starting his first year at school in September.

Although the school he will be attending offers a breakfast and after school club, they don't allow children under five to attend. I'm in desperate need of a friendly, reliable nanny to pick him up from school and stay with him at my flat until I'm home from work at 5PM. He has always attended nursery, but this new challenge is unchartered for me. Any advice?

Where can I find such a child minder, or can you recommend anyone who has worked for you or someone you know? Are you a fun, friendly, reliable child minder or nanny with experience who is free to entertain a lovely little boy for a couple of hours after school?

Please help!!! Nicky xxx

SoldeInvierno Tue 26-Jun-12 16:40:40

Have you spoken to the council yet? they normally have lists of childminders.

Ash87 Thu 28-Jun-12 21:42:55

try looking up findababysitter.com, childcare.com and post on gumtree ad as well. Also there is a list of childminders by area here on mumsnet. Give it a go as well!

Posey Thu 28-Jun-12 21:54:18

Do you definitely want someone to look after him at your home? A lot of childminders will look after more than one child in a range of ages but in their home. Would that be something you would consider? If so i know a few but i guess they would need to be able to juggle school pick ups (depending on where your son is going). Let me know if i can ask around. Which school is it?

Chesscat Thu 10-Jan-13 09:48:24

Posey, would you mind messaging me with details of the childminders you know?

Thanks so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now