Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Noble minder has stopped trading grab your stuff while you can!

(51 Posts)
mumo3g Tue 29-May-12 20:57:35

We can't get in at all. We were due for a renewal this last Sunday and we tried using all of our cards available only for them to be rejected.

So Monday we phoned them. The lady on the phone told us there was a problem with the website, took our name and number and said we would get a call back.

We have been waiting for that call and haven't got it so we phoned the number on the website only to discover it has been cut off.

DH did some digging and found this

Fortunatly we have records of our incomings but we have lost all our diary's/obs etc.

wishiwasonholiday Tue 29-May-12 21:11:27

Glad I didn't sign up now, will let the childminder I know uses it know when I see her.

RandomNumbers Tue 29-May-12 21:14:04

oh my god that is AWFUL

I don't know anyone in RL that uses them but even so....

mumo3g what on earth are you going to do?

Could NCMA help you to retrieve the lost records? Worth a shot?

mumo3g Tue 29-May-12 21:18:29

Well we can get our diary's back at least but I don't know how we could get the obs back.

RandomNumbers Tue 29-May-12 21:19:40

Nightmare, I am so sorry sad

nannynick Tue 29-May-12 22:24:15

The website still works, least I can access the info pages.
How far into the website can you get with username and password? Can you export all your data?

If you can't export, can you view data? Using a browser like Chrome you can print what you can see to a PDF.

It looks like their last annual return was made in 2010, with accounts up to end of 2009. Maybe that's why the limited company has been dissolved.

Hope you are able to get your data back.

RandomMess Tue 29-May-12 22:25:32

sad

mumo3g Tue 29-May-12 22:36:32

If you are still in your membership period it's fine. But because we had to renew they won't allow access unless the accept our card details, which they are not doing.

Found out that they dissolved 24th April 2012. I'm fuming. We use this on a daily if not weekly basis so we should at least been warned to get our stuff off it. Nothing has been said at all. We had to find out the hard way!

MrAnchovy Wed 30-May-12 00:50:49

I have experience in dealing with company failure and data recovery. Are there any former customers of the now dissolved Noble Minder Limited who would like me to attempt on their behalf to recover whatever they can from this situation?

mumo3g Wed 30-May-12 12:16:02

To those who have lost their data due to this, please phone Ofsted.
They will add it to your details so that the inspectors know that you have lost data that would help your inspection through no fault of your own.

davidsev Thu 31-May-12 21:56:43

All expired accounts have been re-activated, and no account will expire again.
The site will remain up until the hosting company pull the plug, no date given and they probably don't even know anything has happened yet, so i'd expect it to be a while, but might not be.

No warning was given as NobleMinder only found out after it happened. I don't have any info on what/why exactly happened.

NobleMinder Ltd was dissolved ages ago and is irrelevant to this, it's long been just a trading name.

RandomNumbers Thu 31-May-12 22:04:06

Hi David - are you a representative or connected in any way to NobleMinder?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Fri 01-Jun-12 08:14:09

Poor people who have lost their stuff. I nearly nearly nearly signed up with them...

cantaffordtodoit Fri 01-Jun-12 08:30:52

I am a member since march, I'm now worried..I liked that system so much..why nothing was said ?

mumo3g Fri 01-Jun-12 08:46:01

davidsev thanks for that update. It's a shame that the company went under as I loved it. If you have anything to do with the firm could you either e-mail the members or/put a cover page on the website saying the website has closed and you have until .... date to get the data or it will be lost.

Currently the website still looks like it is in business which is misleading. I'd hate others to lose there data because they were none the wiser and the server going down. Also some people who thought they had lost their data like me would be none the wiser that they could access it to retrieve their data without a e-mail to alert them.

It's all about damage control at the end of the day isn't.

Please let the decent thing be done.

Thanks in advance.

hannahb1 Fri 01-Jun-12 16:47:53

Your statement of............

"No warning was given as NobleMinder only found out after it happened. I don't have any info on what/why exactly happened."...............

I'm not sure where you are getting this information from but you are 100% INCORRECT, Companies house have been writing to Noble Minder Ltd for months/years including recorded - signed for letters. They were FULLY aware of the repercussions of not filing their returns.

Companies House dissolved Nobler Minder Ltd due to them not filing their accounts for nearly 2/3 years, Companies House do not just shut down companies on a Monday morning without warning, they contact the company and provide sufficient warnings for months/years.

As of 31 December 2009 Noble Minder Ltd had substantially negative net assets, these were the last accounts they filed, showing their current Liabilities at: £45,665, with cash in the bank they had a net worth of: -£44,801 (that's minus)

Noble Minder have been ignoring customers for the last 4 to 6 months and before this time, Noble Minder transferred their registered trademark "Noble Minder" in approximately December 2011 from Noble Minder Ltd to an unknown 3rd party called: Mr Michael Megan, Mr Megan is and has been a director of a very large number of companies, over 50 of which have been dissolved, 15 are in administration and 5 are in liquidation.

In December 2011 the website www.nobleminder.co.uk was transferred from Noble Minder Ltd to a company called Noble Events owned by Lisa Williams who was a director of Noble Minder Ltd.

Noble Minder has been dissolved they cannot legally trade on their website as Noble Minder Ltd, they ARE breaking the law but still continue to trade and in addition continued to trade AND take monies from their customers after the dissolution date of 24th April 2012.

These actions are an offence under s.1197 of the Companies Act 2006 and punishable in a court of law.

Companies House are fully aware that Noble Minder Ltd is still trading on their website and have contacted Noble Minder Ltd and may commence legal action action against them if they do not shut down their website with immediate effect.

Your Comment..........
"NobleMinder Ltd was dissolved ages ago and is irrelevant to this, it's long been just a trading name."

Noble Minder Ltd has a parent company named LJW Holdings Ltd - this company's last accounts were made up to: 31/12/2010, this company is currently dormant with a current Status of: Active - Proposal to Strike off, this means that this company is currently ALSO late in filing its annual return which as a result will mean that in the next few months this company will ALSO be dissolved.

Ms Lisa Jane Williams is a director of LJW Holdings just as she was for Noble Minder Ltd

Again, your statement is incorrect and NOT irrelevant.

With the above factual information available for free across the internet you can decide if you want to continue to risk your data being stored by this company who are currently and have broken the law, you make the decision if you want to continue to trade with this company should they decide to rise from the ashes and continue to trade as if nothing has happened.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! - GET YOUR DATA OFF OF THIS COMPANY'S WEBSITE NOW!

MrAnchovy Fri 01-Jun-12 17:46:20

I'm trying to coordinate an effort to retrieve the system and data from Lisa Williams, if you would like to join in please sign up here.

hannahb1 Fri 01-Jun-12 17:54:18

The domain www.nobleminder.co.uk and server is based in a London Data Centre called Gyron, the company hosting it are called VMLinux Ltd (aka Clustered.net) more information about this company can be found at www.clustered.net

This company will have strict DPA registration and guidelines in place and I guarantee you that they will NOT release the data on this server without a court order to you or to anyone else.

If you think you will be able to just call them up or walk in and ask for the data I am afraid you will be sorely disappointed.

The ONLY way in which Noble Minder Ltd's customers can get their data is if they login to the system NOW and take the data this weekend, I am VERY confident that this website will be down after the bank holiday weekend on Wednesday.

Although I am sure you feel you are doing the right thing, you are actually simply delaying the process for the customers, they need to logon and download their data now, because in a few days they will lose everything.

MrAnchovy Fri 01-Jun-12 19:56:33

I'm not delaying anything, and I am well aware of data centre procedures.

There is no guarantee that you will be able to log in to the system on Wednesday, or tonight for that matter, so I would echo your advice to extract any vital data from the system as soon as possible. I may be able to provide a tool to assist with this.

hannahb1 Fri 01-Jun-12 21:20:38

I think I worded that incorrectly and I apologise.

RandomNumbers Fri 01-Jun-12 23:19:37

MrA you are a bloody MARVEL for stepping in

Well done

MrAnchovy Fri 01-Jun-12 23:35:16

I am not sure how much I can achieve, at first I hoped that this was a case of someone getting into problems too deep that would be willing to accept any help to mitigate the damage they have caused as a result, but it is beginning to appear more sinister than that.

RandomNumbers Fri 01-Jun-12 23:56:57

oh NO

Tanith Sat 02-Jun-12 02:29:15

It's very kind of you to help at all, MrA. I'm not affected, but it must be very worrying for those who are.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 02-Jun-12 10:30:40

So bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now