Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone know of a Cheaper paediatric 1st aid course??

(11 Posts)
taacrmachine Tue 29-May-12 12:43:13

I'm a nanny in south Manchester and due to my youngest charge starting full time pre school in September, I'm out of a job sad
Started getting my ducks in a row and signing up with agencies etc, couldn't find my first aid cert and called them, turns out it expired two months ago (PANIC!!!)
I'm in the middle of moving house and can't afford the £120 I've been quoted by various organisations as my insurance is due at the end of this month too!
Any suggestions or vague possibilities I can investigate would be appreciated as I have to get it sorted ASAP!
thanks

Titchyboomboom Tue 29-May-12 15:29:06

If you are anywhere near Hitchin, DJB training do it for £35... prob still worth travelling to even adding in some fuel!

Titchyboomboom Tue 29-May-12 15:30:15

Just realised you are in Manchester sad
Can you contact your local learning and development council and see what they can offer?

Ragwort Tue 29-May-12 15:33:56

St John Ambulance?

MNP Tue 29-May-12 19:07:58

Depends if your looking for full peads course or the shorter baby and child lifesaver course.

nannynick Wed 30-May-12 23:07:50

Tigerlily do a 6 hour intensive course for nannies and have a course in Manchester (M1 5LE) on 9th June. £85 (this course has an on-line assessment element which is completed after the 6 hours at the venue).

Their 12 hour course version (6 hours practical plus 6 hours e-learning) is also running at a cost of £115.
I think if you decide to book the £85 course and then want to do the extra e-learning, you can pay the topup fee when going on-line to complete the assessment.

Not a lot cheaper but may be handy as you need a course quickly.

forevergreek Sat 02-Jun-12 08:35:24

Hmm I think you generally need the 12 hr course ( may have gone down to 10 hr), but that's if you need it for ofstead.

taacrmachine Wed 06-Jun-12 11:12:09

Thank you!! Hopefully I'll get it sorted asap!

Frakiosaurus Wed 06-Jun-12 17:43:08

Nannies don't need a 12 hour for OFSTED - tigerlily's 6 hour one is fine.

fashioncrisis Wed 06-Jun-12 18:26:52

PreMed

www.premedhealthcare.ltd.uk/cms/index.php/first-aid-training-full-list-for-training-courses/6-hour-paediatric-first-aid

I used them...very light-hearted & fun, didn't make you stand out as an individual. Highly recommended.

SarahCook00 Mon 20-Jul-15 14:37:51

Unsure if you are still looking but I recently heard about a first aid course in Manchester run by an agency I used to belong to. Really good price for a first aid course - here is their link...
www.littleoneslondon.co.uk/paediatric-first-aid-courses-manchester-piccadilly-ofsted-compliant-83/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now