Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

help please nanny share to split with 3?what are the rules?

(9 Posts)
sleepatlast Fri 02-Dec-11 21:17:30

We're looking into a Nanny share but to make it affordable for the other family we would need to find a 3rd family to share the nanny for the day my child doesn't need care. we have one in mind who luckily needs that day. Nanny would look after 2 children in my house for 2 days and friend's house for 3 days (we each have 1 child). I've seen some bits on threads about this not being legal unless she is registered as a childminder. Our prospective nanny is OFSTED registered so is this ok? we would pay tax appropriately etc. If you don't think this is allowed please could you quote a link that I can read up on. Many thanks in advance for your help!

nbee84 Fri 02-Dec-11 22:09:59

I think she would only need to register as a Childminder if she was looking after all 3 children in one of your homes at the same time, so as the other share would be for a day that she doesn't have your children it should be fine. I can't find the relative legislation but I'm sure someone will be along with it at some point - NannyNick is usually good with this sort of thing.

Bossybritches22 Fri 02-Dec-11 22:13:46

OFSTED

You have to be careful, I think you could fall foul of the regs there, stupid I know but that's childcare these days.

There'll be someone around later with more up to date knowledge!

nannynick Fri 02-Dec-11 22:25:10

Not 3 at the same time, 2 is ok. So shouldn't be a problem as long as you stick very ridgedly to the plan.

I'm mobile at the moment so can't look things up easily. If you need something tonight, then search Ofsted website for Registration Not Required. Legislation wise search for The Childcare Exemptions From Registration Order. Date probably 2008.

wedoNOTdothat Fri 02-Dec-11 22:35:45

I've just registered with Ofsted as a nanny (home childcarer). You can look after children from no more than two families at any one time. So as long as she is not looking after all three children at the same time it is fine. I do this and told Ofsted and they were happy with this arrangement

sleepatlast Fri 02-Dec-11 22:53:19

Thankyou for your help! I knew you'd save the day x

mranchovy Sat 03-Dec-11 00:00:30

The exact letter of the law is here which confirms that 2 families is OK, 3 families at the same time is not.

nathansparshott Tue 28-May-13 15:23:46

Hi there,
Out of interest do you know the rules around having those children in your home for some of the time? At what point does it change from being a Nanny to a child minder?
Cheers,

nannynick Tue 28-May-13 17:00:17

Changes when care is provided at the nannies home. 2 hour rule may apply, though nanny insurance may give no cover at all if care provided in nannies home (talk to insurer).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now