Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much for a nanny share

(5 Posts)
redglow Sat 22-Oct-11 23:40:43

I work two days a week for a family, my MB wants me to mind her friends child as well. Wondering how much extra I should charge for a a nanny shared and also how would we sort out tax, and holiday pay etc.

fraktious Sun 23-Oct-11 08:50:09

Usually 25-30% on top of your gross salary. How they sort tax etc is I suppose up to them as it remains 1 employment. Holiday they need to sort between themselves what happens but that depends to a certain extent how your holiday is currently arranged.

redglow Sun 23-Oct-11 19:43:44

Thanks fraktious I think it might be more trouble than its worth for only two days. I wonder if the friend just wants to pay me cash but that does not seem fair on my MB.

fraktious Mon 24-Oct-11 06:17:01

It's not fair at all. Most people seem to do the following.

1 family salary £10gross
2 families £13gross
Cost split between them - £6.50each administered via 1 payroll etc

That would compensate your mb for not having solo childcare by reducingthe cost she bears anyway and her friend pays a little less than she would with her own nanny.

redglow Mon 24-Oct-11 19:18:09

Thanks , I think I am going to say no for the extra money it does not seem worth it plus I would need double buggy, and another car seat etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now