Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

A Lonely german Au Pair in saffron Walden/cambridge area would like to meet up with other au pairs

(4 Posts)
marriedtoagoodun Sat 22-Oct-11 07:45:10

Title says it all really - we have a new au pair, 19 from Germany, fabulous English but feeling a bit low as she does not know anyone. Most of the people I know have young children and we would like to introduce her to some young adults her own age. I would be especially pleased to hear from someone whose au pair is having English lessons anywhere in our local area. Please help me make her feel welcome smile

happychappy Sun 23-Oct-11 17:59:57

I'm not an au pair but I am in the Saffron Walden area. I work in Thaxted, any good? My charge is 3 and I am quite a bit older but happy to help. I know how difficult it is to make friends abroad, i lived abroad for 6 years.

marriedtoagoodun Sun 23-Oct-11 22:09:34

ahh thank you. Yes any offers gratefully received! The children go to school in Thaxted so we could always meet for a coffee what do you think?

happychappy Mon 24-Oct-11 07:16:13

That would be nice. I'm on holiday for the next week but back not this Wednesday but the following. We can meet up after then. My charge is away until about the 8th with his family so I will only have my children (after school) How old are your children?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now