Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Going away with employers for weekend - How much pay?

(8 Posts)
lilh89 Wed 19-Oct-11 18:19:22

I am a Nanny looking after an 19 Month old child. My employers have asked me to go away with them for the weekend (All my expenses will be paid). I will be sharing a room with the little girl and will only be looking after her in the evening and the following morning. My employers have asked how much I would expect from them to pay me, but am unsure what to say.
How much should i charge?

MumblingAndBloodyRagDoll Thu 20-Oct-11 09:17:12

Well t sounds like you will only be haing one or two afternoons off...so in essence, that is 2 days with an afternon fee on each day....so they should pay you one days pay per two days imo.

They are choosing to go away...your accomodation is their concern.

catsareevil Thu 20-Oct-11 09:22:15

Is the child likely to wake in the night?

BecauseImAWerewolefIt Thu 20-Oct-11 09:28:10

You are giving up your entire weekend for them, egardless of how many hours you will be on duty, so I would be expecting a fairly hefty fee for this.

And as someone who used to employ a nanny, I would also be expecting to pay a hefty fee for this privilege!

Why not give a local nanny agency a call and ask them what the going rate for a weekend nanny is?

BecauseImAWerewolefIt Thu 20-Oct-11 09:28:27

'regardless', evidently grin

lilh89 Thu 20-Oct-11 16:04:52

thanks for the replies. She sleeps all night. I realise that i am giving my weekend up to go with them, but I dont want to charge anything too steep. I have seen somewhere that people charge a £30 per sleeper. so im more than likely to charge that as I still will be looking after her even though she'll be sleeping & then charge Min wage for the hours she's a awake

ChunkyMonkeyMother Thu 20-Oct-11 16:09:11

I work as a carer for older kids and teens and we have a system where by if the person wakes up more than 3 times it is a higher fee - So if you went for a £30 sleeper fee (Sleep through the night) then maybe £45 if she wakes more than 3 times - We have to do this because some kids will have you up all night because it is a new surrounding or it is a quirk to have someone all night to themselves and other kids will sleep through so it is only really fair to be paid accordingly.

Some kids find it hard to settle ina new place or she may even be unwell if it is in the future, I know my DS will never settle the whole night at my Mum n Dads but sleeps through here perfectly.

banana87 Thu 20-Oct-11 16:13:07

I would charge my daily rate plus around £30 per night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now