Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Interviewing a nanny - don't know where to start...

(5 Posts)
dcb Mon 17-Oct-11 13:30:04

Help wanted please! I've finally got in touch with an agency and they are setting up some interviews for us. I don't know where to start really. I think I know what I want (someone who will be able to keep children safe, entertained and be able to form a good attachment with I think) but I'm not sure what I should be looking for or asking. I know there will have been previous threads about this so sorry in advance. Any pointers gratefully received to get me on the right track. I feel nervous about it for some reason.

Thanks

anewyear Mon 17-Oct-11 14:36:58

Off the top of my head as Im a Childminder, just wanted to bump
Is she quailified/ got Qualifications if so which ones, First Aid etc
What experiances has she got, refrencesfrom past employers

dcb Mon 17-Oct-11 20:20:01

OK, have had a good look on here and other sites and will be able to put a list of questions together. I'm interviewing on my own initially and then if I really like someone will get DH and poss DD to see them too at another meeting. Then do I go thro' all the references? Does this sound about right? Thanks x

Iggly Mon 17-Oct-11 20:27:37

Yes this is what we did - well we had DS there for the first interview (because you can see how they interact) then bring back for a second chat then check references.

Have a think about what you want from a nanny, why you're going for one and come up with relevant questions.

Tomorrowslookingfine Mon 17-Oct-11 22:01:28

Perhaps go through some scenarios, for example his/her discipline methods: "how would you react if DD behaved like this" etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now