Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - Question about 'childcare element' of Tax Credits

(9 Posts)
looneytune Sat 15-Oct-11 14:07:22

I'm pretty sure we can't claim for this as we're not 'paying out' for our own childcare, however, someone INSISTED that they knew someone who did. I personally think we SHOULD be able to as although we're not paying childcare, it's like we are in the fact we can't fill their space. However, i also understand it's not as simple as all that.

Anyway, as this person insisted, I thought I'd ask on here if anyone else has come across/heard of this?

TIA smile

KatyMac Sat 15-Oct-11 14:11:58

no how no way

It's fraud unless you are paying money to a 3rd party eg I could claim for DD to go to breakfast club or after school or holiday club because I was working but not to stay in the house

looneytune Sat 15-Oct-11 14:44:06

Thanks Katy, that's what I thought!! I hate people insisting on things they don't know about!! I might be wrong about the childcare element part but it's the only part I could they meant. But I'm sure there is no way we can be compensated for the loss of income due to our own child, just the way it goes isn't it!

HSMM Sat 15-Oct-11 15:06:32

I was really annoyed that dh couldn't use this to pay me to Look after DD. We definitely miss out here.

looneytune Sat 15-Oct-11 15:08:28

Totally agree we miss out here!

Tanith Sat 15-Oct-11 16:34:31

I think we ought not to be discriminated against, too. Either they don't count our own children when allocating the places we can offer, or they let us claim like everyone else that works and pays for childcare. I don't see how they can have it both ways.

I thought the NCMA were lobbying on this?

KatyMac Sat 15-Oct-11 17:01:41

AND when DH I worked together it took 'til I was blue in the face for 'her' not to be taken off both our allowances

ie if he was out with her I could only have 2 children & if I was out with her he could only have 2 children but if we were together we could have 5

HSMM Sat 15-Oct-11 17:30:00

We had that too katymac. Double counting of the same child.

looneytune Sat 15-Oct-11 17:39:25

Exactly!! The amount of times I've not had my children here but couldn't use the space because they are already knocked off my numbers!! angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now