Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Photos on internet

(6 Posts)
LibbyLou123 Fri 14-Oct-11 13:49:40

Hi

I'm a childminder and was thinking of setting up a website to advertise my business.

Is it okay to use pictures of my minded children, obviously having been given permission from their parents?

Or would this be frowned upon by Ofsted, putting pictures of minded children up on the internet for everybody to see?

Thanks

CaptainNancy Fri 14-Oct-11 13:55:36

As long as the consent form is clear, and you keep to exactly what parents have agreed to, I don't see that ofsted can complain about it.

Can you use your own children (or are they not in existence, or too old?)

FWIW I would not give you permission to use my childrens' images.

lesstalkmoreaction Fri 14-Oct-11 13:59:51

I also would never do it myself or give you permission. If you do go ahead you need to protect the images so they can't be lifted from the website and copied or you could blank out the faces.

HSMM Fri 14-Oct-11 14:46:22

I do with parents written permission. They don't all give permission and that's fine.

mranchovy Fri 14-Oct-11 17:20:10

If you do go ahead you need to protect the images so they can't be lifted from the website and copied or you could blank out the faces.

If an image can be seen, it can be copied. There is no requirement to blank out faces on images you have been given permission to display.

looneytune Fri 14-Oct-11 18:00:25

I have a photo permission form which has tick boxes to cover all sorts, one being for my website. The parents tick which they are happy with and sign it. Out of 29 children I've looked after, only 2 didn't want them on the internet. I'd have been fine if most had said no, but as they haven't, I've lots of photos on mine. I do think it's better if you can have a mix of children on your site rather than just your own if possible but if they don't agree, just put your own on if you can. Ofsted were absolutely fine about mine being on my website when I mentioned it once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now