Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Whistleblowing policy - guidance from CM's please...

(7 Posts)
walkingonthemoon Sun 09-Oct-11 22:30:22

Hi all

I thought wrongly that I do not need a whistleblowing policy as I do not have any assistants or employees. However, another childminder has told me that I do as I am out and about interacting with other care givers (CM's, toddler group workers, children's centre staff, etc).

Do other lone CM's have this policy and if you don't mind me asking - how do you approach the wording? I'm just maxed out on paperwork and I'm not thinking straight!

Thanks

hayleysd Mon 10-Oct-11 07:34:18

Try the bromley childminders site they have policies for everything!!

moogster1a Mon 10-Oct-11 07:34:21

You don't need one at all. I had my inspection last week and she never asked for one.
i have a safehuarding children policy and a policy for what to do if an allegation is made about me ( which she did want to see).
i don't have one for reporting other people.
( i have other policies of course, just not a huge number of them which was fine by inspector lady)

maggi Mon 10-Oct-11 07:44:52

Hi
Unlike the rest of the childcare industry, not all of our policies need to be written. So provided you are clear on what you would do, you can get by without another sheet of paper. There are prob about 6 policies which are must-have-in written-form.

HSMM Mon 10-Oct-11 09:55:09

I don't have a whistle blowing policy. If asked I would just say that I would check with my Local authority rep.

babybaabaa Mon 10-Oct-11 10:21:47

You do need one if you employ anybody and you do need to make sure they are clearly aware of and understand that policy so they can use it if necessary.
If I was out and about however and someone wanted to report any of my practice I wouldn't expect them to tap me on the shoulder first and ask to see my whistleblowing policy. That's daft.

lesstalkmoreaction Mon 10-Oct-11 10:26:24

I included within my safeguarding policy that if I saw any bad practice or a child put in any danger by any childcare colleagues that I would report what I had seen to the appropriate person, ie if within the children centre it would need to be reported to the centre manager.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now