Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

would you report another childminder

(6 Posts)
minderandmum Fri 07-Oct-11 22:33:46

I have a dilemma where I've jsut found out another cm has been unprofessional and putting down other cm's and persuading clients to go elsewhere, i think this is professional as i live in a small village, am i wrong? My early years team says this is unprofessional and needs reporting do I?

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 07-Oct-11 22:41:43

I'm not sure who one would report to

Ofsted are interested only in the legal side, not whether a CM is badmouthing others and behaving unprofessionally

Who did your EY team member say you should report to?

Also, how did you find out about the badmouthing?

hayleysd Sat 08-Oct-11 01:38:48

Not sure who you plan to report her to?

She's only doing herself down bad mouthing people, ofsted would only be interested if she wasn't meeting their standards or had done something wrong in the care of the children.

minderjinx Sat 08-Oct-11 07:17:12

Wow! Guilty until proven innocent - how very ungenerous! At least allow the woman an investigation before branding her untrustworthy.

minderjinx Sat 08-Oct-11 07:18:25

Sorry that remark has nothing to do with this thread!

anewyear Sat 08-Oct-11 09:21:57

Well in a sense you have reported it.. To your EY's team?
I think you need to speak to them again, and ask them who they think it should be reported to.
As someone else said, if this CM is badmouthing a lot of the CM's in the village she wont be very popular and after a while people will see her for what she is.

However if its just one person this is affecting/she has it in for, I would be inclined to send/give her a letter to the effect that if she continues to be slanderous/libellous, a letter from a soliciter will be on its way to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now