Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

suggestions for days out during winter

(6 Posts)
star92 Fri 07-Oct-11 16:49:03

with the cold days fast approaching after that nice hot week, i was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for days out for children during the winter.. so mainly indoor type activities.
i currently look after 2 girls aged 18 months & 3 years, once-twice a week and their mum is very keen for us to do lots of day trips out (we're in worcestershire). any suggestions?
indoor play areas are great, plus of course going to the park, woods and wrapping up warm. nice to see how the seasons change when going to the woods with the kids. love to hear whatever else gets up to now its getting colder.

nannynick Fri 07-Oct-11 21:37:37

Hands on science centre, if you have one near you. Our local one is great and does special toddler prices and annual pass. Our local science centre is located in crown estate forest, so can combine with a woodland stroll.

HSMM Fri 07-Oct-11 21:43:28

Mostly the same stuff, with warmer clothes. We do veer towards indoor activities a bit more though. Many of the small animal Parks close for the winter, which is a shame.

nannynick Fri 07-Oct-11 21:43:35

We went swimming at a fun leisure pool, special school term time toddler rate.

In the past we have done Gymnastics (well a play gym session, so a run about and bounce about a lot type thing). In the past I've taken a child ice skating, also bowling - both quite expensive though, but look out for off peak offers.

Going on a train journey to a major town/city. Then doing some window shopping (or I should say we simply went up and down the lifts and escalators at JohnLewis and went in the cafe).

Museums, Art Galleries, that sort of thing.

longjane Sat 08-Oct-11 15:03:25

do the christmas stuff early before the queues start and you can spend a nice long time looking at all the stuff around father Christmas
there are lots of gottos stuff where i live
pantomimes

jendifa Tue 11-Oct-11 13:12:47

Where in Worcs are you? When I was in Solihull I often took children to Webbs of Whichbold to see the fish, Avoncroft, Safari Park, BMAG, Walsall Christmas lights (much better than Birmingham!!!), Crystal Pool (Kidy)... probably other places in that area but cannot remember any off top of my head! Maybe google attractions in your postcode and see what comes up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now