Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Parents - would you..

(4 Posts)
charliechildnurse Tue 04-Oct-11 08:30:26

Employ a qualified children's nurse as a nanny?

Just out of curiosity really. I have worked as a weekend nannny, and as a temporary nanny. I have considerable experiance with special needs children, and worked as an au pair when I was younger. I've also done a vast amount of babysitting for many families, including families from mumsnet.

Just wondered what your views were on people without NNEB's/CACHE certificates, but with paediatric nursing instead? In your opinions, is it as good as/better than specific nannying qualifications?

Thanks

HappyAsIAm Tue 04-Oct-11 10:07:01

Yes, I definitely would. I'm not sure if I would emply you solely because of your qualification, but if it were a choice between you and another potential nanny who didn't have your qualification, and I felt that otherwise you were both right for the job, I'd go for you.That may be because I have a healthy child though. Someone who has a child with a medical condiion might feel more strongly.

For me, its all about the all round fit a nanny would be for our family.

fraktious Tue 04-Oct-11 10:33:23

No reason why not. There are plenty of perfectly good nannies with teaching degrees or degrees unrelated to childhood and a qualified children's nurse who nannies who posts on here.

You'd be well placed for SN nannying in particular.

thebody Tue 04-Oct-11 10:37:51

yes definatly, i am a cm and a qualified district nursing sister, has enabled me to have lots of enquiries from parents but ultimatly think its still down to a 'gel' with parents and if you can work with them and they you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now