Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club Staffroom

(27 Posts)
BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 30-Sep-11 09:20:58

hello my lovelies

come and have a catch up with ole BALDy

looneytune Fri 30-Sep-11 09:37:30

Helloooooooooo smile

I've got a day off today, well, I've just got 1 after schooler for an hour but that's it smile Had loads of personal stuff going on so behind on my assignments so I now have 3 to get done by Monday s decided that's what I'm doing today. I'll be taking ds2 to lunch club at nursery at 11ish so then I'll have a few hours of quiet to crack on! Wish me luck grin. Actually, I don't HAVE to get them all done by Monday, assessor has been great and very understanding but I know the longer I take, the more I'll have to catch up with so I'm on a mission! wink.

How are you anyway? What you up to on this lovely sunny day?

x

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 30-Sep-11 09:42:56

hellooooo !

I don't work Fridays, so I'm having a loaf for a bit then I might go shopping grin. I have a host of part time children now, v busy Mon-Thurs

Are you doing that new level 3 course, Looney?

HSMM Fri 30-Sep-11 10:29:12

I'm having a day off revising. Anyone got the kettle on?

KatyMac Fri 30-Sep-11 10:35:47

Haven't seen a staffroom in ages

Hi all <waves>

Spending my life running round after DD (as normal)

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 30-Sep-11 11:14:48

hello hello hello

HSMM, my kettles ALWAYS on grin good luck revising

Katy you are a MARVEL, and DD doing so well

KatyMac Fri 30-Sep-11 11:37:18

DD doing well - yes but I'm very sceptical/unsure about it all.......hmm

looneytune Fri 30-Sep-11 11:47:29

BALD - Yes I'm currently doing module 2 and the optional units for the level 3 Dip in Children's and Young Person's workforce. Was doing really well but personal stuff recently took over so I'm on a mission to get back up to date!! My aim is to not work Fridays by Sept next year. I've no longer got my variation as all my babies have grown up and 2 have started reception now. I've found a perfect fit Mon-Thurs to replace them and then have my last 'baby' doing nursery with ds2 every afternoon until Sept next year when they both start full time school. I have an easy Friday now though as they both do lunch club from 11.15 so don't have any mindees from then until 3.20pm and then I finish at 4.30pm smile I only have 1 mindee after school as I've been slowly winding down the Fridays, at least I get a few hours study/paperwork/general catch up time now although it's a pita with school and parking so I have to leave quite a bit before 3.20pm angry. Still, it's nice to have to free time. I'm also lucky that the new ones routine is to nap from 1pm for a couple of hours and this is whilst ds2 and other mindee are at nursery so I do get a bit of time each day now (unlike when I was crazy mad lol). Hope you're enjoying your loafing/shopping, what a beautiful day for it smile

HSMM - happy revising. Surely you must be nearly done by now? You seem to have been at it for years! LOL

Katy - great about dd but what you unsure about? Are you worried about the comments on your thread or is it something else?

Right, off to make a cuppa then I really need to get on with it now I've dropped ds2 at lunch club!

anewyear Fri 30-Sep-11 13:29:12

Afternoon all, Just waiting for 6pm and w/e here we come,

Sons 10th birthday party tomorrow, Bowling with 6 manic 9yr olds, fun fun fun

KatyMac Fri 30-Sep-11 14:11:18

Just that she has upped her exercise from about 5 hrs a week plus PE to about 15 hrs a week with tonnes of specialized training

So I'm not sure it's right for her

HSMM Fri 30-Sep-11 15:05:46

looneytune - exam 10th Oct - so I'll definitely be coming into the staff room for something stronger than coffee after that! Then ... I'm finished. Don't know whether to bother with EYPS, as it'll probably be changed to something else sooner or later anyway!

KatyMac - watching with interest. It's so hard to decide what decisions are right and wrong. Just keep an eye on her and you'll soon know whether it's good or bad.

stomp Fri 30-Sep-11 16:09:27

Hello, can I join you all? I just need to put my feet up and have a cup of tea…that was a busy week although mostly down to life stuff and not work. Now I’ve found the staff room I bags the comfy chair by the window smile

ChildrenAtHeart Fri 30-Sep-11 16:53:03

Can I have the one on the other side of the window please - sooo hot & sticky! Don't worry bout the kettle, I've brought a big bottle of cold sparkling water - feel free to help yourselves.
Hi All - I'm sorry, I've been a bit out of touch & unsociable recently. We had a manic (family) summer followed immediately by Ofsted who I'm sure were lurking round corners waiting for me to start work again (I'm mostly TTO now) and pounce.
Looney, good luck with the exam! I've got EYP but it's hard finding anything useful to do with it as its not widely recognised in the sector and no-one can afford a competitive salary anyway. Having said that I've got an interview next week for a short term project contracting EYPs & Early Language Teachers to go into settings with disadvantaged children. Not sure what we are supposed to do when we get there though lol. Hoping I get it though as I'm very short on children. Lost 2 to school in July & a family of 3 who only came once a week but was a 12 hour day for the 2 lo's went last week. That's £400 a month in one go, plus the £200 from July & no inquiries coming through sad
KatyMac - I'm sorry, not seen your thread but hope your DD is ok.
BALD hope you had a good DO & enjoyed your shop.
Off to cook dinner now...

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 30-Sep-11 17:22:05

hello you and you and you too

had a fab day

hope you all have a restful weekend x

Rosiegirl Fri 30-Sep-11 18:26:06

Hello all, personally loving the weather, a nice sparkling water will be lovely thank you.

I have also lost several to school and not many replacements, and although missing the money have discovered how much nicer it is not be running around like a headless chicken most days.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

sandym3g Fri 30-Sep-11 19:26:20

Thought I was going to get most of the day off today but our ad hoc/flexi care child's mum piped up last night "oh is it poss for you to look after x tomorrow 11.30 - 2.30?" As this is the sort of childcare we offer I could hardly say no. Friday's most of the time we have off. Not by choice. The hours are improving for us though.

I had child x in the house with the windows open and curtains pulled (austrailian trick) but I have the wrong sort of curtains for the room to cool down enough. So when the child was asleep I took her to outside in the shade while I sat next to her doing my knitting. Was nice there watching the world go by smile

KatyMac Fri 30-Sep-11 19:46:55

Oh Ad-hoc care - I know

I have my OU exam on 14th <sigh>

HSMM Fri 30-Sep-11 20:11:35

KatyMac you've got 4 more days of agony /revision than me. Good luck.

KatyMac Fri 30-Sep-11 20:16:23

Good Luck to you too

I'm having an invigilator my mums at home

HSMM Fri 30-Sep-11 20:22:43

I was offered an at home, but thought my mind might be on washing etc, so opted for the Centre

KatyMac Fri 30-Sep-11 20:30:50

Hence my mums wink

minderjinx Fri 30-Sep-11 20:49:14

Hello can I come in? Only schoolies today so I've been to a Macmillan cofee morning. Definitely don't need any more coffee and cake, so might have a G&T!

Shoshe Fri 30-Sep-11 20:49:44

Puts head round the door

Helloooooooooooooooooo Ladies (and Nick)

KatyMac Fri 30-Sep-11 21:12:42

Sorry Shoshe

I've eaten all the (last) French Fancies

KatyMac Fri 30-Sep-11 22:29:11

btw this is the thread looney mentioned grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now