Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny rates in Brighton area

(6 Posts)
confusedpixie Tue 27-Sep-11 10:32:42

Anyone know what the going rate is at the moment?

confusedpixie Sun 02-Oct-11 16:29:58

Bump! I'm applying for jobs atm and have said £7.50 net (£9.70ish gross, most jobs I'm applying to are under 35hours a week), sound okay to any of you in the area?

RoseMT Sun 02-Oct-11 19:47:09

£8-£10 is about right based on what I've been quoted recently, and often scaled based on the number of children. Clearly also depends on your experience. Hope that helps.

confusedpixie Sun 02-Oct-11 20:45:41

£8-10 net or gross? I'm assuming net but not sure if I should assume!

Thanks either way smile

I'm seeing ads from nannies wanting £10+ net yet ads from parents saying that they'll pay £7 gross! Either one is shocking and I don't want to be over or underselling myself. I've not got too much experience nannying (15months worth) but lots of voluntary so I'm aiming at a net wage lower than average but still enough to live off of in a relatively expensive area obviously.

sunnydelight Mon 03-Oct-11 08:28:13

A friend in Brighton is paying her (live out) nanny 8 pounds an hour (sorry, my keyboard only has $ signs!). Not sure if that's net or gross though. She has 3 school age children aged 9-12.

confusedpixie Mon 03-Oct-11 15:02:59

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now