Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I've been a nanny for 6 years- Think Ive stumbled upon the nicest employer ever!

(5 Posts)
NotTheBlinkingGruffaloAgain Sat 24-Sep-11 19:37:51

The lady who I nanny for was a nanny herself for many years and she is amazing, she understands all the subtle small things about the job which are difficult, she is very on the ball with money (never forgets to pay me any extra I've done)
She ALWAYS asks me how I am- in a very genuine, 'I have time to listen' way.

Today she told me I have 4 weeks holiday left to take, when I told her I didn't want to take it at a time which would be inconvenient for her she just said 'your well being is very important to me, so please email me any time you need or want'

She is so lovely and I don't want to un-unprofessionally gush on her so I thought Id do it here I'm so happy with this family!

Any one any ideas how I can show my appreciation?

NotTheBlinkingGruffaloAgain Sat 24-Sep-11 19:38:18

PS ive only been with this family for 10 months

magicOC Sat 24-Sep-11 20:10:08

Lucky you that it took only 6yrs. It took me over twenty smile and I can probably have a battle with you on who's boss is better wink grin. Been with the same family for a long time now and long may it last.

So nice to know there is more than one out there smile

No advice for you, but, I understand what you mean. Personally I just take that little bit more care on the detail of presents from the LOs. Am always there to help at short notice and I know they really appreciate this and they never take advantage. It's all the little things that count.

nannynick Sat 24-Sep-11 21:47:26

All my bosses in nannying have been lovely.

They choose to employ you and you choose to work for them. You were matched together.

Sometimes I suppose that matching does not happen as it should, whereas for me it has happened each time.

I hope that in 2 years time you come back and say the same thing. Always nice when employee and boss get along, though you do need to keep in mind that the boss is in charge.

Stars22 Sat 24-Sep-11 21:50:52

I also have a very nice boss been there 2 1/2 years its nice to hear when nannies say this as you dont hear it often!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now