Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ideas for ways to show appreciation to lovely CM

(13 Posts)
Dozer Fri 23-Sep-11 12:33:25

Hello all,

Just wondering how people show appreciation to their childminders, and, for the childminders, how you would like parents to do this?

Our new CM is really lovely and we want to show her that we appreciate her, now and in the coming months.

Jelly15 Fri 23-Sep-11 13:20:58

Just tell her now and again how happy you are with her service, and maybe a nice box of chocs at Christmas. I am a childminder.

apotomak Fri 23-Sep-11 13:52:55

Write a nice comment in her comments book (all childminders should have one). That would do me smile I'm a CM

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 23-Sep-11 13:56:07

a card to say how much you appreciate her would be great evidence for her to put in her file to show Ofsted and prospective parents

nice handcream always appreciated - my hands are sometimes SHREDDED at the end of the week from handwashing etc

and aren't you LOVELY, your CM is very lucky to have someone like you to work with x

BluddyMoFo Fri 23-Sep-11 13:57:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dozer Fri 23-Sep-11 15:54:02

Thanks v much all.

Oooh, mofo, are bonuses sometimes given to CM's then? How does that work, cash in hand at Xmas or something, overpayment of invoice, vouchers for somewhere she shops at or goes to?

Think it'd feel a bit weird giving cash, but maybe I need to get over that!

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Fri 23-Sep-11 15:59:25

I gave mine a bottle of wine after her first month as thanks for such a smooth transition (I changed childcare and started a new job after mat leave within a week).

stomp Fri 23-Sep-11 19:38:55

as a tee-total dieting childminder grin I would always appreciate a note of thanks that i can put in my folder....and maybe a little cash bonus at Christmas grin

postbox201 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:12:14

how about some time off? finish work early or even suggest coming in late or having a day off? sometimes this can be very kind. I know my past employers have done this for me and i really knew they appriciated me.

Flisspaps Sat 24-Sep-11 19:15:23

Definitely a card. Second the handcream suggestion - constant handwashing and alcohol gelling leave the hands rather battered! Flowers are always nice (and don't break the bank).

I'd be stunned to receive a bonus. It would be nice, but I'd be equally as thrilled to get a card smile

Pinkiemum Sat 24-Sep-11 19:17:24

We give our child minder a voucher for a restaurant every Christmas, usually ask if there is somewhere in particular they like to eat and then go the restaurant and pay for a voucher that will pay for dinner. and give it to her as a present.

thing1andthing2 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:41:51

I sat down with my DD and we made a card four her cm, I think homemade cards are always nice. Gave her a box of chocs too.

thing1andthing2 Sat 24-Sep-11 19:42:30

Sorry "for" not " four", stupid iPad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now