Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Please please please help me!!!!

(6 Posts)
Rudgey Fri 23-Sep-11 07:03:42

Please can you give me your suggestions on my problem. I have a 7 month old who is with me two days a week and has been with me for 4 weeks. The baby wants to be carried all the time and obviously I can't do that when I have other babies to look after. Mum and I have spoken about it several times and she is doing all she can to make sure they don't carry around but the baby is looked after by both grandmothers one day each. We are not too sure if they are carrying the baby around, Mum has spoken to them about it but if she is out to work she doesn't really see what is going on. The baby cries all day in between feeds and sleeps and doesn't stop, what do I do. How long do you allow for a baby to settle in before saying that it isn't working out. Thanks in advance.

hayleysd Fri 23-Sep-11 07:09:09

My friend had a baby that the previous childcare had carried around all day but he just wanted to sit up and see what was going on which he couldn't do on his own and he didn't like being laid down so she tried a bumbo near the other children and he was fine as he could see them playing and was sat up to play with toys, could your baby be at a similar stage?

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 23-Sep-11 08:41:56

Hi Rudgey

The crying might be because the baby wants to be carried or because they are still settling, it's hard to tell isn't it

4 weeks at 2 days a week isn't that long really, I would expect a part time baby to take longer to settle because of the gaps between

Another couple of weeks and see how it goes?

Don't get hung up on how other carers act - the baby will soon cotton on to this is what happens at Rudgeys

plod on, chin up

squinker45 Fri 23-Sep-11 19:45:17

I have this with a 12 month old, only have him for 1 day a week and he screams like nothing you have ever heard, but no tears. Had him since 9 months but really not settled, mind you mum says he is very demanding in general. Am thinking of giving notice as it's really very stressful for everyone but don't want to let anyone down.

Sorry no advice but I know how you feel

Knackeredmother Fri 23-Sep-11 20:18:44

I have a child like this (not much better now nearly 2).
A sling is a godsend, would you consider this?
I ended up getting a nanny for my Velcro baby. I sympathize with you and the poor little mite.

woahthere Sun 25-Sep-11 23:03:53

get a sling and carry as much as possible i would say, i know its hard but it wont last forever and by giving the baby what it wants it will develop a strong bond with you and trust you so when you gradually start to have more time not attached it wont be so worried that you are going to abandon it. i had a 7 month old who was so clingy, i mean, would practically wrap herself around me, if i tried to put her down she would lift her legs so i couldnt, sometimes i would end up putting her down lying down because if i didnt she would throw her head back on purpose to bang her head on the floor so then i would have to pick her up again! Crafty eh! Unfortunately some babies are just like this and you may just have to suck it up. I dont think you can control what happens at the grandparents house, i wouldnt keep on about it to the parent to be honest, id be really upset if my cm was trying to get me to stop holding my baby! Sometimes, however, sometimes you obviously do have to put them down and as long as the baby is safe, it may just have to have a little cry im afraid. it will get better though i promise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now