Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Very quiet in Woking, Surrey with respect to childminding enquiries....

(13 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Thu 22-Sep-11 14:22:55

.... Are other childminders also finding it quiet in other parts?

sad Could really do with a couple more children.

bellybuttons Thu 22-Sep-11 17:28:24

It is the same Horsham, West Sussex. I am, for the first time since I started childminding, that I have no children. It is very worrying.

timeforeachange Thu 22-Sep-11 17:33:59

yes very very quiet for me to, Ealing west london. I have been without children for 6 months now sad sad

Booh Thu 22-Sep-11 17:37:39

I'm surprised Bellybuttons that your quiet, I'm a childminder just a few miles outside of Horsham W Sussex and I'm far too busy. However, I know that there are lots and lots of childminders there.

Have you looked on childcare.co.uk? I have had lots of work from them!

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Thu 22-Sep-11 18:19:01

Thanks for your replies! I am so sorry to hear that you are also quiet, Timeforachange and Bellybuttons. Reassuring to hear that some people at least are busy, Booh,

I am registered on childcare and netmums and I have called the council to update my info there. Part of the problem is that I am studying part time so that reduces my availability. Hopefuly something will come along soon.

Timefor, are you going to perservere for the time being or look at doing something else? I have considered looking at preschool morning sessions even on a voluntary basis but am not 100% decided on that yet.

bellybuttons Thu 22-Sep-11 18:31:12

Really Booh? How far from Horsham? Any parents you know that work in Horsham so could use a Horsham minder?!

There are far too many minders here at the moment and a lot are looking for work! It makes what work there is very hard to come by! Last year I had so much work I has to have variations and everything - how things have changed sad

bellybuttons Thu 22-Sep-11 18:34:01

I am on childcare.co.uk and netmums and updating FIS weekly! Parents who just had to give notice (as lost job) are asking around their friends for me too!

timeforeachange Thu 22-Sep-11 18:40:18

alliwant I am really thinking of giving up childminding and go for a nursery or reception class. I am on a waiting list with parenta to do my level 3 course. I am registered on childcare.co.uk and netmums, and also FIS have updated my details.

Booh Fri 23-Sep-11 09:21:32

Bellybuttons - I'm only about five miles away! I do know that there are far too many minders as I have friends who are scratching around for work ATM.

Shame they are still advertising for people to register mind you.....................

bigdonna Fri 23-Sep-11 09:30:15

hi i am in mitcham surrey ,i have lots of kids and get phone calls maybe once amonth but normally direct them to afriend.on tuesday i was trying to find two cm for two babies!!!!!only because i knew the parents and had no vacancies got an 8 week starting soon really looking forward to him starting

badgerhead Fri 23-Sep-11 09:57:39

Hi Bellybuttons, I'm also in Horsham & I agree it is quiet at the moment. I have just partly filled a space with a part timer due to start next week & was asked this morning (when doing an extra drop off at playgroup) about another one, so hopefully will be full again. I am full to the brim with 5-8 yr olds & have had to turn work away from that age range!

squinker45 Fri 23-Sep-11 14:37:44

very quiet here too, keep getting enquiries from people who want one day a week which is tricky as I find they never settle properly do they?

ElizabethDarcy Fri 23-Sep-11 16:13:00

SW London here... incredibly busy, averaging 2-4 inquiries a week. Childcare.co.uk and local site and personal recommendations. I hope you fill your spaces soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now