Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Using your cm EY number for tax credits

(5 Posts)
philmassive Wed 21-Sep-11 12:14:14

CM's - is there any way that I can check to see who is quoting my EY number as childcare for them?
I know parents have in the past and there is one family that I am suspicious use my number when I no longer CM their DC's. I am concerned that if Ofsted and Tax credits people cross check it will look as though I'm looking after over my numbers.
Is there anyone I can ring to check this out? And would they be allowed to tell me this information?

ChildrenAtHeart Wed 21-Sep-11 12:40:20

I usually inform Tax Credits when a contract comes to an end to cover my back. Up to them then to act on it. Don't think they can tell you who is claiming for confidentiality reasons. There is a helpline you can call to report suspected fraud but I know CM's have had a mixed response from this

philmassive Wed 21-Sep-11 13:01:25

Ooh, it hadn't crossed my mind to inform the tax credit people myself. That would cover my back wouldn't it? What sort of response do you get from them? Can they find the right family if you haven't got their NI number? That always seems to be what they work from whenever I've contacted them personally. Thanks for that idea.

lesstalkmoreaction Wed 21-Sep-11 18:57:23

Don't worry though, it really isn't your problem if someone continues to claim using your number. Hmrc are likely to check the claim and ring you, just make sure you keep all invoices given to parents so you can quickly give hmrc dates when parents left. Twice hmrc have contacted me recently to check claims and I just email info to them.

HSMM Wed 21-Sep-11 19:42:20

I had a phone call from tax credits just last week. Questioning a child I have never heard of!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now