Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny doing jury service!

(6 Posts)
crispycake Tue 20-Sep-11 20:56:00

I got the letter today!
I'm hoping not to do it (fingers crossed)
It's bad timing too!
1. Because family no1 (I do a nannyshare) the mum would of started a new job about 2 weeks before it starts

2. Family no2 mum is due baby no2 5 days before it starts!

3. Money too is an issue

Has anyone been in this situation either parent/nanny?
What did you do?

Thanks smile

nannynick Tue 20-Sep-11 21:09:17

No but some previous threads worth a look:

Staff Room: 11 June 2007

Staff Room: Dec 2007 - a childminder was on a jury, so some info about doing jury service.

Nanny Called For Jury Service (Apr 2011)

Nanny Called For Jury Service (Mar 2006)

Nanny on jury duty (Apr 2011)

eurycantha Tue 20-Sep-11 21:16:25

I was called for jury service ,I did ring ,trying to get out of it to be honest but was refused .Luckily the week before I was meant to do it they rang and said they had too many jurors and that I wouldn`t be required.Maybe the fact that I had rung helped when there were too many jurors.

crispycake Tue 20-Sep-11 21:33:22

Thank you!

Interesting reads there nannynick. It's made it a little bit clearer smile

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 20-Sep-11 23:05:43

ive been called up twice - just wrote a letter explaining i couldnt do it as only me working for family etc

dh was also called up and as was se he also couldnt afford to do it -again courts were fine

have said before, they should make those on jsa go and sit on jury grin

crispycake Wed 21-Sep-11 13:50:26

Blondes. I agree with you there!

It's a bit of a blow to loose out on a week or two of wages (if it went in for that long) I know you get expenses etc but we would be loosing out on rather a lot if pennies smile

Am going to write the letter tonight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now