Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

I am interviewing for children to mind, but have a for sale sign outside.... how would prospective parents feel?

(8 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 20-Sep-11 15:53:11

Our landlord has decided to sell so we are house hunting in the area in which we live. I have informed the parents of the children I currently care for and they are not too perturbed about it.

However, I find myself advertising for new children as two as left me - one to start school and one because I could not accommodate that changes his mother required.

How off putting do you think it would be for parents looking to interview to childmind their children if they see a For Sale sign outside my house? And should I warn them before hand or wait til they meet me in which case they will hopefully take me on regardless of my having to move.

What would you as a parent feel? And what would childminders do?
Thanks!!

RitaMorgan Tue 20-Sep-11 15:55:40

It would depend if I had any other options - it's less than ideal. If I'd seen a couple of childminders who met my requirements I'd go for the one who wasn't moving house.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 20-Sep-11 15:59:09

Rita, Yes, I would think so, too. Would you think I was hiding something if I did not tell you and you saw a FS sign up?

RitaMorgan Tue 20-Sep-11 16:00:57

Yes, I think I would be a bit miffed to turn up and see a sign, but being told in advance wouldn't necessarily make me not want to meet you.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 20-Sep-11 16:05:14

Thanks... I think as a prospective parent I would expect to be told, too.

smile Thanks for that!

HSMM Tue 20-Sep-11 17:42:44

You should tell them before they come, so they know they are not visiting the house their child will be minded in. They may want to see your new house before they decide whether to sign contracts.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 20-Sep-11 19:00:40

Good point, HSMM. Thank you!

cat64 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:18:20

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now