Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How long is it between inspections for childminders these days,is there an official time between your first and second?

(10 Posts)
MilaMae Mon 19-Sep-11 17:04:11

TIA

squinker45 Mon 19-Sep-11 19:54:12

3 years is what the official line is

minderjinx Tue 20-Sep-11 09:35:38

I was recently told by an OFSTED gentleman that ideally they would inspect every three years, their own performance target is to do it not less than every 48 months, and that I shouldn't expect to see an inspector before the four years is up as they prioritise those with actions etc on their last report.

HSMM Tue 20-Sep-11 14:50:15

Although the gap between a pre reg inspection and the the first proper inspection is much shorter ... about 6 months I think? but I can't remember.

squinker45 Tue 20-Sep-11 15:18:05

oh I got a Good but also a (very minor) action, wonder what that means for me?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 20-Sep-11 16:06:05

Squinker, same with me.

minderjinx Tue 20-Sep-11 16:06:36

I wouldn't worry too much. I think it was a polite way of saying loads of room for improvement!

squinker45 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:20:18

I guess I was hopeing for a four-year gap but if they prioritise those with actions then I should expect it sooner?

anewyear Tue 20-Sep-11 20:17:12

Well I was due for my 2nd (March 08) inspection back in March but had no call yet?

Flisspaps Tue 20-Sep-11 20:19:04

Pre-reg visit to first graded inspection is 6 months, then three years after that if you got a Good grade or above (might even be for a Satisfactory or above)

Everyone has to be given at least one action , even if they get an Outstanding grade - it shows that there is always room for improvement smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now