Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What would you pay for a before school nanny?

(7 Posts)
OJMNN Sun 18-Sep-11 23:17:32

I am an experienced Nanny in Clifton, Bristol looking for before school (7.30-9am) families.

I am trying to be reasonable but also make sure that it is worth my while as it is only going to be 1.5hrs a day 7.5hrs per week. I know that full time nannies would probably not be interested in just doing these hours so feel that what I can offer is quite valuable.

Any feedback appreciated!

nannynick Mon 19-Sep-11 06:49:46

Has anyone actually asked you to do just Before School care? I would wonder if there was any demand for that at all.

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Mon 19-Sep-11 06:57:45

I would love to find someone to do this. Would you drop off at school too?

OJMNN Mon 19-Sep-11 08:54:08

Yes I have had 3 replies to an add I posted. It would be school drop offs too, and 1 or 2 school pick ups. I just want to make sure that I am asking for the right amount!

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Mon 19-Sep-11 09:15:59

Not sure what usual nanny rates are, but would perhaps pay a small amount extra for the school service.

PickleMyster Mon 19-Sep-11 11:39:36

I am an after school nanny in South London. When I was looking for work I noticed that the agencies seemed to be adding 10 - 15% onto a full time nanny's hourly rate for that area, so I found out what the local hourly rate was for a full time nanny and then added 10% onto that. When I negotiated my salary with current employer they were more than happy to pay that.

Hope this helps

Ebb Mon 19-Sep-11 12:22:24

I'm in the Bristol area and I would probably charge £10 an hr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now