Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

thinking of working in a nursery

(3 Posts)
timeforeachange Thu 15-Sep-11 19:08:45

Hi all

I am a childminder and have been registered for 18 months, I have had a couple of children, all of whom have been temporary. Now I have been without children since March 2011. I feel like all my hard work I put into childminding has been wasted sad

I want to continue working with children, so the only other think is to get more qualifications and work in a nursery. How do I go about getting the qualifications? I haven't got much money so are there any funded courses. I am in West London.

Thanks in advance

thebody Thu 15-Sep-11 19:35:53

soz as you probably have done all this but what about a final publicity campaign, posters at local schools, on here, childcare.co.uk, doctors surgerys etc.

you are in London so there must be a need for cms. i am in worcestershire and get calls on average one a week but am full.

is it quiet in your area then..

ohnoshedittant Thu 15-Sep-11 19:40:50

Have you thought about being a nanny? You'll earn more, have more control over your day (what you do/where you go) and may be able to go into it initially without any extra qualifications. Parents will often consider nannies with experience in place of qualifications.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now