Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Shall I make an invoice now and ask for the money or shall I wait ?

(8 Posts)
confusedandsilly Thu 15-Sep-11 17:39:59

Hi there,

I'm a cm and I have been asked to work next tuesday, normally it is my day off but I accepted to work it as a favour to the parents, shall I billed the parents now and get the money transfered in my account or shall I wait for the day itself ?

confusedandsilly Thu 15-Sep-11 17:40:12

Forget to say thank you !

Flisspaps Thu 15-Sep-11 17:48:29

For one off odd days I usually ask for cash on arrival, otherwise I expect to be paid beforehand. If there's no cash at drop off, there's no childminding done!

confusedandsilly Thu 15-Sep-11 17:52:23

Ok or I can ask her to transfer the money beforehandThank you fliss.

Flisspaps Thu 15-Sep-11 17:57:51

No worries - it's your business, you get paid how and when you want smile

lesstalkmoreaction Thu 15-Sep-11 18:01:59

Always get paid in advance, especially if you have changed your plans to work. If the child is ill or mum changes her mind you can bet she won't expect to pay you so getting paid in advance saves any hassle.

confusedandsilly Thu 15-Sep-11 18:37:48

Thank you lesstalk, I'm going to do that I think.

thebody Thu 15-Sep-11 19:44:52

dont you trust her then? for me it would depend on the parent, some you know wouldnt dream of not paying but sadly others you know will try and wriggle out of it..get in advance if you not sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now