Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

cm club..the bloody cheek

(9 Posts)
thebody Thu 15-Sep-11 10:22:45

hi just a quikki, childminded a smashing little boy 2 years ago but had to give notice as mum kept messing around and not paying, she still owes me £50.

anyway just got a text off her out of the blue saying he is now at school and would i like to pick him up 3 times a week and have till 6.!!!

havnt answered yet as too angry, the bloody cheek of some people, she is so up herself she has probably forgotten she owes me money...aaahhh

Flisspaps Thu 15-Sep-11 10:24:45

I'd respond by saying that once she settles her outstanding bill you'd be happy to discuss future options.

thebody Thu 15-Sep-11 10:28:06

yes go you fliss but once bitten, cant work with someone i cant trust, anyhow got no spaces as maxed out.

i wish there was some way of warning other cms though about bad payers because she will do it again to someone else and the stress she put me through, (was new to the job then) was awful.

Flisspaps Thu 15-Sep-11 10:40:01

I didn't say that you'd say 'yes' to her wink

She might cough up in the hope that you'll take her DS back on, and then you can tell her that her future options are go elsewhere, or go elsewhere grin

thebody Thu 15-Sep-11 10:55:34

blimey, what a brill idea fliss, will do just that and serve her right. thanks for advice.

Flisspaps Thu 15-Sep-11 10:57:12

Worth a try - you've got nothing to lose!

ElizabethDarcy Thu 15-Sep-11 13:07:13

I would be cheeky right back at her... have a meeting (get your money back), then say that you're sorry, but you cannot help her.

thebody Thu 15-Sep-11 16:56:17

yes agree with you both, cant belive the cheek of the woman, although she did used to rock up on a friday saying she had 'forgotten' her cheque book(had 4 bounced cheques in as many months) but she always had her hair and nails done.

am a lot more tough now.

Tanith Sat 17-Sep-11 23:27:55

Isn't it depressing how tough we've had to get? I used to be a real softy but I really don't like how uncompromising I've learned to be thanks to the chancers sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now