Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Could I be really cheeky...

(28 Posts)
WarmAndFuzzy Tue 13-Sep-11 11:29:53

...and ask the lovely ladies on Mumsnet to help me with my O.U. project? It's about your use of childcare, and would literally take a couple of minutes.

If you have the time, the link is:-
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KDDQ6RM

Thanks very much in advance!

Flisspaps Tue 13-Sep-11 11:33:12

Link for the lazy smile

WarmAndFuzzy Tue 13-Sep-11 11:37:33

Thank you smile

Flisspaps Tue 13-Sep-11 11:37:58

WarmAndFuzzy

I'm having a couple of issues with the survey - Q3 I have completed the 'other' box but it is still asking me to complete the question, probably as there isn't a tick box for 'Other', just a text box.

Also Q6 - it's not letting me put more than one tick in the same column, but all of my ticks need to go in one column. I've noted this in the 'other' box underneath, but I don't know if you have any way of fixing this before many others come and answer?

I've submitted anyway, but thought I'd let you know that others might experience similar problems!

WarmAndFuzzy Tue 13-Sep-11 11:39:25

Thanks very much, I'll see if I can fix those - not really used to using this so still a few things to iron out!

WarmAndFuzzy Tue 13-Sep-11 11:47:24

I've added an extra option for 'other' on Q3 but unfortunately can't change Q6 because it already has responses and I'd have to go back and clear all the data. Would it be possible to add any extra into the comment box at the bottom? I'll just have to sort it out when I go through the data at the end blush

All the best

mascarpone Tue 13-Sep-11 12:04:10

Done!

WarmAndFuzzy Tue 13-Sep-11 17:09:17

Brilliant! Thank you so much!

KatyMac Tue 13-Sep-11 20:08:11

Done

nannynick Tue 13-Sep-11 21:24:10

Looks like it is aimed at parents who use childcare services. I'm not a parent.

StillSquiffy Wed 14-Sep-11 05:22:12

Not sure you've got your buckets for childcare costs right... every working mum I know would have to tick the last bucket....eg 40hrs of a nanny * £11 ph gross blows your last bucket out of the water, and most people I know with nannies use them for up to 60 hours and at a much higher gross hourly rates (in London). Means your survey results will be skewed toward those who use other forms of childcare (because you will otherwise have to make some very sweeping assumptions about where the median of the top bucket lies).

StealthPolarBear Wed 14-Sep-11 13:10:51

done

onehellofaride Wed 14-Sep-11 14:23:51

done

Berryred Wed 14-Sep-11 20:43:47

done honey x

LucyLastik Wed 14-Sep-11 20:52:42

done

Gastonladybird Wed 14-Sep-11 20:56:20

Done

onepieceofcremeegg Wed 14-Sep-11 21:02:53

WarmAndFuzzy - I've done it. smile

Just a couple of comments (and I did comment in the box for question 6). You may have been better to ask for a "typical" week (or month) rather than the past week. I only say this because you won't get a true reflection if someone is on annual leave or other leave or had a break from childcare for some other reason (sickness or whatever).
Our dd2 has started school and normally I would make good use of the wraparound but this week has been unusual.

Good luck with your studies.

WarmAndFuzzy Thu 15-Sep-11 02:36:21

Thanks onepiece - I wanted to get a snapshot of what people were doing (including any informal, unpaid childcare) and I thought that people would remember much better if I made it last week.

Thanks very much for the input though, it all helps!

done. good luck wt your course

WarmAndFuzzy Thu 15-Sep-11 21:43:16

Thanks Sometimes smile

PattySimcox Sun 18-Sep-11 14:31:21

Bit late to it but have done it anyway

WarmAndFuzzy Mon 19-Sep-11 12:54:27

No Patty, not late at all - I'm trying to get as many as possible in the last few days (makes the stats look better) so thank you!

WarmAndFuzzy Wed 21-Sep-11 23:44:02

bump smile

conkerchops Sun 25-Sep-11 20:36:04

done

WarmAndFuzzy Mon 26-Sep-11 22:55:25

I'm going to close this tomorrow night - thank you so much to everyone who filled it in. I've got 98 responses - would be great to make it an even 100 but if not, I think I've just got to draw the line at some point and begin to process the data or my project will never be finished!

Thanks again and all the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now