Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help....where to look for Ofsted registered nanny....

(10 Posts)
goldstar76 Tue 13-Sep-11 11:04:54

Hi, I am looking for Ofsted registered nanny in walthamstow please,

Any ideas/help will be great.


RitaMorgan Tue 13-Sep-11 15:51:06

Advertise on gumtree and netmums.

nannynick Tue 13-Sep-11 20:51:36

Also try

Given you are London, Gumtree will probably get your advert most exposure. Compose the ad well so that the job is of interest to the right people. However do expect to get people applying who do not meet your minimum requirements.

You could also look on (click the advert that is usually on the right hand side of this page), as there may be local nannies on there who are currently seeking work.

goldstar76 Wed 14-Sep-11 09:17:24

Thank you so much RitaMorgan and Nannynick, I will do that, I hope i find the right nannysmile

loopeylu Thu 15-Sep-11 12:36:53

Personally I wouldn't get hung up on Ofsted. If you find a nanny you like, it is pretty easy to get them Ofsted registered (which is what we did).

goldstar76 Thu 15-Sep-11 13:22:22

loopeylu,can you please help me, what to do about getting a lady registered with ofsted,(I am newblush) i have found one but she is from Romania and she is self employed.

loopeylu Thu 15-Sep-11 14:31:58

I'm not sure I understand about the self-employed bit. If she is working for you full time, she will be your employee. She will need to fill in the form, have a CRB check and pay a fee (c.£105 which we pay on behalf of our nanny given we get the benefits of registration).

Here is some info
Your nanny would be on the voluntary part of the register. It takes quite a long time for the process to be completed (police checks take a while) but you can still claim the benefit of childcare vouchers in the meantime and just use them to pay your nanny once she is registered.

I would call Ofsted to get the link to the form
0300 123 1231

Got to fly to a meeting. Hope that helps

goldstar76 Thu 15-Sep-11 14:34:03

Thank you so much x

fairimum Thu 15-Sep-11 14:51:23

needs to have completed a listed childcare qualification and a 12 hour first aid course too!

nannynick Thu 15-Sep-11 18:49:14

Do you know what visa they have, if any. Might be a BR3.
Do they have a work permit card thingy - purple or yellow I think. I can't remember, someone may know which it is thats needed, if it's needed at all. I suggest you look for info on the homeoffice website, starting with the BR3 form, as that might be the category they have come to the UK under.

Ofsted reg wise it makes no difference to Ofsted if someone is an employee or self employed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: