Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Would you let someone else bring mindee home from school with parent's consent.

(11 Posts)
mogs0 Mon 12-Sep-11 12:50:56

Mindee and ds have an after-school activity today which finishes one hour after I collect another child from the same school.

Another mum, also a ta in the school and a neighbour, has offered to bring them home. Initially, I politely declined the offer mumbling something about insurance but she was very insistent so I said I'd contact mindees mum and let the other mum know later.

I feel a bit uncomfortable about saying yes because a) I'm being paid to collect mindee and am already having him an hour less than normal because of the activity and b) I'm not sure where I'd stand with insurance, cssiw etc.

On the other hand, it would be quite nice not to have to take the two younger mindees out again only 30 mins after getting home from the normal school run.

Any opinions?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 12-Sep-11 12:51:58

As a CM I would be very reluctant to do that and as a parent, I would probably say no.

mogs0 Mon 12-Sep-11 12:56:30

Could you give reasons why? I need to have something to tell the mu offering to bring them home!!

cat64 Mon 12-Sep-11 12:57:09

Message withdrawn

mrsthomsontobe Mon 12-Sep-11 12:59:25

surely the parent will be aware that there child is doing an activitiy which means they will be getting picked up at a different time from normal and may not fit in with your usual routine. i would just point out to the parent that you will be at the school at the normal time and although if you really need be you could go back an hour later it wouldnt be fair or ideal for the other children but say that a teaching ass at the school who the child will most likely no lives next to you and has offered to bring child home along with your chil and would she mind. all she can say is no but is worth asking. its not ask if its a stranger its a teacher at the school who is police checked

seeker Mon 12-Sep-11 13:05:47

As a parent I would be perfectly happy with this. Why on earth would you say no, alliwant?

An0therName Mon 12-Sep-11 14:39:21

as a parent I would be also be perfectly happy with it

HSMM Mon 12-Sep-11 14:43:02

I think the point is that it's ok if the parent arranges it, but not as simple if the cm arranges it.

cat64 Mon 12-Sep-11 15:16:10

Message withdrawn

Rosiegirl Mon 12-Sep-11 18:27:07

I would definitely sound it out with the parents, they may want to meet the TA, but as long as you get it in writing it could be a good solution to a problem. Just make it plain that if they say no, then its not a problem at all.

hayleysd Mon 12-Sep-11 18:35:23

A boy I mind started going to 2 clubs last term he had just moved to my sons school and his old school didn't do clubs so he was keen to do sone but my son always got a lift with his friend as I can't drag all the kids back out ( it's a 10 mile round trip) also I needed to feed them ready for going home so mum agreed to him getting a lift with the same friend but I made it clear that he was only my responsibility when he arrived at my house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now