Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Charges for 3 siblings

(10 Posts)
Rosiegirl Sun 11-Sep-11 21:03:22

I have been approached to look after 3 siblings. 2 before and after school, and 1 throughout the day. I have given a bit of a discount when all 3 are with me, but have just costed the week up and shock. What do you charge for 2.5 hours after school per child, and do you discount for siblings?

My DH said I shouldn't discount more as it means a lot of extra work for me as well as cooking for 3 extra children. What do you do?

ChitChattingWithKids Sun 11-Sep-11 22:15:07

I have 2 siblings with a CM and don't receive a discount. As 2 of the DC are only before and after school mindees you would still be a lot cheaper than a nanny!

You also run the risk of losing a large chunk of money if they cancel the contract, which is a lot harder to cover than losing 1 child at a time.

HSMM Mon 12-Sep-11 06:56:27

I don't discount for siblings. I charge til 6 regardless, as that's when I'm available to.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 12-Sep-11 23:28:20

i have never understood why some cm do a discount for siblings

they are still taking up a fee paying space and if they do leave then you need to suddenly fill 2 or more spaces

and if say you charged £1 less an hour over a full time 10hr/5day week thats £50 you lose - ouch

cat64 Mon 12-Sep-11 23:37:22

Message withdrawn

Rosiegirl Tue 13-Sep-11 09:13:54

Thanks I understand about discounting. But it was just that the cost seemed awful, I am not very good at the business end of things and know it gets me into trouble (being easy-going on late collections etc). I need to listen to my DH more as he is much tougher than me, although won't be admitting it to him grin.

mogs0 Tue 13-Sep-11 15:09:59

I charge £15 for a before/after school place and £4 per hour for a pre-school place. I wouldn't 't offer a discount for this arrangement but might consider it if they were taking 2 full time pre-school places.

Ripeberry Wed 14-Sep-11 20:18:39

I offer a 20p discount for the eldest. That way the youngest still pays the higher rate and they usually stay for the whole day, whilst the eldest goes to pre-school or school.

thebody Wed 14-Sep-11 20:55:24

Rosie have read your posts before and you need to toughen up girl!!(nice though you are) if they werent siblings would you charge full wack, answer yes, just because they are siblings are they cheaper, any less work, answer no..

parents decided to have 3 children, then they have to pay the costs of 3 children. your dh is spot on.

MUM2BLESS Fri 16-Sep-11 19:57:17

I look after three siblings, two before and after school and one throughout. I charge £4/£3.50 and £4.

If I took on siblings now I would not do a discount anymore. If the family stop coming you will loose three lots of income.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now