Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny Payroll Service - which one to chose??

(9 Posts)
PacificDogwood Fri 09-Sep-11 22:29:02

I am bamboozled by choice confused:

Nannytax
Taxnanny <<snort>>
PAYEfornannies
NannyPAYE
Nannypayroll
Nannywages etc etc

The list goes on and on.
Is there much between these online payroll services? Does anybody have any experience with any of them? Or do I just eenie-meenie-minie-mo??

I am grateful for any experiences shared, ta.

nannynick Fri 09-Sep-11 23:19:03

First compare cost and what is provided for that cost.

Then try calling them, see how quickly they pickup the phone and give you a human to talk to.

If you are wanting the basic service of having payslips produced (weekly or monthly), helping you register as an employer, doing the employer returns, telling you when to pay and how much, then I think they are all about the same.

My boss has used PAYEfornannies for over 3 years now and seems happy with them. As the nanny concerned I'm certainly happy as I get payslips ontime, often early and my boss pays me often before the end of the month.

SuperDuperJezebel Sat 10-Sep-11 10:19:24

My current and previous employers have both been really happy with NannyMatters and commented on how helpful they were. I didn't have much to do with them but payslips were all on time and they were always really thorough with providing me with detailed info about final payments, P46s, holiday pay owed, tax calculations etc. Not used them as a paying customer though!

Novstar Sat 10-Sep-11 14:55:22

I've used the first two and had issues with both. I'm now using the 3rd one and am happy so far. There certainly is a difference between these services, in terms of (a) how easy it is to contact them (b) how quickly you get a response to your query (c) how quickly they process info about leavers and new starters (d) how helpful they are in telling you when you have to pay tax and how much.

PacificDogwood Sat 10-Sep-11 21:00:03

Thank you, all smile.

I love the idea of phoning them to see how long it takes to speak to a person - thanks for that tip, nannynick.

Novstar, can I confirm you are now using PAYEfornannies and they are ok?

And, yep, NannyMatters, that's another one I heard of.

And I still have to find the actual nanny for us...

Oligo Sun 11-Sep-11 11:25:05

ime:
-nannytax answered phone quickly but had to keep going away to talk to someone else about the answer to my question. Felt they were busy and couldn't give me much time. Also expensive.
-taxingnannies were the best at giving accurate and full advice with the first person who answered the phone. Clear written info too.
-taxnanny is very good value and happy to spend long time on phone chatting and friendly but also clear. Send out prompt payslips.
Haven't had enough experience of others to compare/remember

Knackeredmother Mon 12-Sep-11 19:17:54

I'm in the process of trying to leave Nannypaye. I've found I have to email
And phone numerous times to get a response to a query.
They have so far ignored my request for paperwork to enable me to transfer to another company.
I shall watch this thread with interest.

stripedcat Mon 12-Sep-11 21:40:34

PAYE for nannies were v good and reasonable compared with some of the others

loopeylu Thu 15-Sep-11 12:38:16

I second Stripedcat. We started with Nanny tax but way too expensive. Now use PAYE for Nannies who are great - £115 p.a.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now