Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

can someone pls tell me the going rate for a CM ( not London )

(5 Posts)
Timetochange70 Wed 07-Sep-11 23:54:28

after many years my DCM is retiring .
She only charges me about 20 a day all day Inc meals so I know I've been spoilt but just wondered what the going rate is as I need to start thinking about alternative childcare soon.
Thanks x

MatLeaveForever Thu 08-Sep-11 07:41:50

I guess it depends where you are. I've just agreed a childminder who charges approx £35 a day inc 3 meals which seems about average where I live (Greater Manchester). The nurseries are nearer to £45 to £60 though!

Bananamash Thu 08-Sep-11 09:20:39

Well i live just inside the M25, in the Home Counties, prime comuter belt. Around here it's about £5ph, but in the next town, St Albans, it can be up to £6ph. So £50-60 per day.

Mum2Luke Thu 08-Sep-11 11:09:21

MatLeaveForever I charge £35 per day for 0-4 year olds all day which includes 3 meals (£30 if parent brings own food) tots sessions and outings to local places and can even take a child swimming at the Wally Walrus sessions in the week.

Whereabouts are you in Greater Manchester? I live in Audenshaw, Tameside which is about 7 miles from the city centre.

MatLeaveForever Thu 08-Sep-11 13:24:00

Hi MumtoLuke, I'm in Stockport but have chosen a childminder now, but good to know I'm paying a fair amount!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now