Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any cms used an ABC Adventure buggy?

(8 Posts)
mogs0 Tue 06-Sep-11 11:54:42

I remember reading a thread a while ago about a cm who'd ordered a triple abc buggy and was wondering whether it's worth paying for a new one?

I'm interested in getting a single with reclining top seat and a reclining rear facing front seat but am struggling to justify the cost so was looking for some positive feedback and help in justifying such a huge outlay!

sillymillysmummy Tue 06-Sep-11 14:15:02

I have an ABC triple, but a double with a single static top seat. I actually bought off ebay, but when i bought it I looked into cost to import and was around £700 from memory, since though, prices have increased dramatically as they no longer import direct. dont use mine tbh, it is in the shed, as I can get away with just a double atm (p+t) Am not sure that I would buy the single with the two seats though, the child in the main pushchair seat looks very squashed in imo.

mogs0 Tue 06-Sep-11 15:01:33

I was planning to get the rear-facing reclining seat to put on the front which looked like it'd leave more room for the child in the main seat and make it easier to get the children in and out of it. I'm thinking about whether a reclining top seat would be better or whether the static would be adequate.

Unfortunately, I can't fit a side-by-side through my front door. I currently have a double mountain buggy which is on ebay at the moment to possibly part-fund an abc!! I also have a p&t in really good condition which would also add to the fund.

sillymillysmummy Tue 06-Sep-11 22:13:27

is it this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMnueX0LVTg

Lougle Tue 06-Sep-11 22:24:00

I have one, it's Navy, and I only used it 3 times, because my eldest has SN, and I couldn't cope with all 3 of them at once. A real shame, because it has all the accessories (cosy toes, etc.). I really need to get around to putting it on ebay.

I got it direct from NZ, before they stopped.

mogs0 Wed 07-Sep-11 16:10:17

Smm - I can't copy and paste your link, sorry.

Lougle - which type do you have? I might be interested in buying it if you're serious about getting rid of it.

Lougle Thu 08-Sep-11 00:51:01

Hi mogs0, we have the navy double base, with reclining toddler seat. Cosy toes/wind/water cover, etc. Has only been used 3 times, and has sat in our garage ever since!

mogs0 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:59:24

Ah, I'm after a single buggy with 2 reclining seats. Would you consider selling the reclining seat on it's own?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now