Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - is this possible?

(5 Posts)
bellybuttons Sat 03-Sep-11 21:33:45

how would one stand with cming a child all day at cm's house and then going back to said child's house each evening to care for them there for one hour (no other mindees present) as older child needs to be dropped off at home?

Is this ok to do or not?

hayleysd Sun 04-Sep-11 08:55:00

It would be classed as babysitting at their house check with your insurer I think if you're with ncma you need to do their babysitting checklist to be covered but I may be wrong

squinker45 Sun 04-Sep-11 10:46:38

You can take them out and about as a cm, so don't see the difference with it being an hour at their house or anywhere else really.

hayleysd Sun 04-Sep-11 11:58:22

You would have to risk assess their house if you're just gonna do it like that I would just check with your insurer and see what they say

lesstalkmoreaction Sun 04-Sep-11 12:04:45

I used to do this but because I was paid through tax credits I added nanny insurance to my childminder insurance so it was all above board. I used to do it for 4 hours though and put the children to bed, I also used to charge double to make it equivelant to a nanny rate and also make it worth paying the extra for insurance, think its about an extra £28 per year if you are with ncma. Ofsted were happy as I was still childminding more than I was nannying. I actually found it a really good selling point and have done it for a few families over the last few years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now