Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

C Ms some advice please .Thank you

(10 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Sat 03-Sep-11 16:27:44

What is the procedure concerning L journals. How often do you let your parents see them? At what stage do you hand them over for keeps? When you do observations do you put these in the L J or do you have a seperate folder?

Working on one which is looking good. So many memories can be seen when I turn the pages. THe little one is starting nursery this month. Still coming to me though.

Replies appreciated.

apotomak Sat 03-Sep-11 16:45:22

I send the home for comments once a term. However parents know they can ask to see them any time. I send them for keeps once child leaves EYFS (so at the end of August following their 5th birthday) or leaves my setting. I keep everything in one folder. HTH

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Sat 03-Sep-11 16:57:45

what do ou include in their LJs?

Flisspaps Sat 03-Sep-11 16:59:21

My LJs are the records of observations, photos etc, they all go in one ring binder. Parents are welcome to see them at any time (they have never asked to) and I will hand them over once the child stops coming to me as I won't be adding to them any more, or at the end of EYFS, whichever comes first.

MUM2BLESS Mon 05-Sep-11 22:38:45

thanks everyone
I have photos in mine and eyfs observations. I was advised not to link everything to EYFS but also to have a display folder with general art work in. I had loads of stuff which I was trying to do eyfs on.

any more advise most welcome. I love drawing and arty stuff and I show this in my folders

HSMM Mon 05-Sep-11 22:51:44

I keep obs, copies of diary and photos in mine. Each term I do a summative assessment and then send all the stuff I used from their file home. Parents come in approx once a term for a kind of parents evening, but can see their file any time.

HSMM Mon 05-Sep-11 22:52:45

Oh and all artwork goes home

thebody Tue 06-Sep-11 00:04:24

i do a very much briefer daily diary, not narrative but just stating food eaten, sleeps, activities and any funny/new stuff siad or did that day, i keep one copy for ofsted and give other to parent daily, all artwork goes home or is displayed on playroom wall as are all photos, some home and some on the wall.

do 2 monthly obs now to include childs progress and evaluation of my practise to see if child is progressing/acheving/happy. copy is given to parents and one saved for ofsted..

MUM2BLESS Thu 08-Sep-11 14:10:52

Sorry more questions

Whast would you do when a display folder with art work is full. Keep it or give to parents. Little one going to nursery soon but still coming in the mornings to me, then I will take to nursery for afternoon session.

apotomak Thu 08-Sep-11 17:15:35

I don't usually keep the art work ... just photos of it ... I have limited space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now