Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can anyone recommend a babysitter in central London?

(8 Posts)
cinnamonbun Tue 30-Aug-11 10:08:24

DH and I need a babysitter on a regular basis, maybe once every/ every other week, for our two-year old. I don't really want to go down the Gumtree route. Does anyone have any recommendations?

pinkdelight Tue 30-Aug-11 11:30:41

Try Likeminders.co.uk - brilliant London ad hoc nanny/babysitter agency. I seem to always be plugging them, so should reiterate that I'm just a mum with no vested interest! They've taken care of my two very well whenever needed and I think you can set up a regular service with someone you like.

JinxyCat Thu 01-Sep-11 01:25:13

Not sure which part of London you're in, but we've used this North London service and found all their babysitters to be great (and they do your ironing while they're babysitting too!)
www.sittingprettybabysitters.com/

Otherwise, you could try going into local baby shops to see if they've got adverts up from local people which can work well too.

cinnamonbun Thu 01-Sep-11 10:38:36

Thanks pinkdelight and JinxyCat. However, it's important for me to get to know the prson who's going to look after my daughter (i.e., interview her myself and have her do a trial) before choosing someone.

By the way, I live in the Marylebone area.

pussycatmum Sat 03-Sep-11 22:21:37

I've also just moved to Central London and my neighbour said she'd ask the EA's at her children's school. I've also been looking at ad's in local shops and the library and randomly asking other Mums and Nannies that I've met at playgrounds and indoor playrooms...

DoubleDegreeStudent Sun 04-Sep-11 18:52:45

Hi Cinnamonbun - I'm a student in central London (I live in Holborn) and I'm CRB checked. If you want to PM me I'm happy to see if we can work something out (but no pressure if you find it a bit weird)

wickedwitchofwaterloo Mon 05-Sep-11 10:56:10

Hi Cinnamonbun - I live in London Bridge, I'm CRB checked, have nearly 11 years experience and have babysat/nannied/night nannied for several Mumsnetters in the past few years.
I don't have the PM function but I can be emailed on westlondonnanny [at] googlemail [dot] com if you are interested smile

wickedwitchofwaterloo Mon 05-Sep-11 10:57:52

Oh hang on, is the PM thing not like the old CAT thing? Wow, I'm slow blush
PM or email is all good then Lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now