Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Registering as a childminder

(2 Posts)
JoInScotland Sat 27-Aug-11 22:50:00

Hello all, I have received my information pack and am slowly working my way through the application. I have no idea how to write a business plan - how did you folks solve that? Also the "Aims and objectives" - how do you summarise providing a safe, healthy and educational place (home away from home) for babies and young children?

The "service users" are the children, yes, not the parents? Maximum number of service users would be 6 including my own child?

How do I write about staffing (based on the number of people using the service and their needs) if I don't know how many babies, how many toddlers, or how many children requiring before/after school care I will have? Surely it will vary by how many nappy changes I have going, number of people requiring 1,2 or 3 daytime naps?!?

It seems a bit daunting. Perhaps it's just late and I'm tired....

nannynick Sat 27-Aug-11 23:32:38

I hope someone on here from Scotland is able to help you.
The system up there sounds as though it is quite different to how it is in England.

Have you been in touch with Scottish Childminding Association. They have an information pack - Registering and Running a Childminding Service (PDF) which may be useful if you don't already have it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now