Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What have you been up to during summer holidays?

(11 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Fri 26-Aug-11 20:19:17

Been away for 7 nights with family. On the journey I was amending my policiies and procedures.

I have been catching up with my papers etc. Sorting out learning journeys etc.

I start back again on Tuesday.

I think its necessary IF POSSIBLE to have a break and recharge your batteries (if I can put it that way).

MUM2BLESS Fri 26-Aug-11 20:25:13

I will keep a check on your replies. Need to do more paper work.

HSMM Fri 26-Aug-11 21:24:09

Had a week away with family and friends. Did not take my laptop on purpose (but did sneakily read my emails on my phone).

Since I came back, I have updated my risk assessment, because I decided mine didn't cover different types of weather.

Apart from that ... writing an assignment (another one to write this week) and just having fun playing with the children.

My 12 yr old DD has been lovely these holidays. She has been out and about a lot, but when she has been home, she has been mostly fantastic.

MUM2BLESS Sat 27-Aug-11 10:05:40

HSMM thanks for your reply.

Do you mind me asking what you included in your risk assessment (cover weathers) ?

Are you doing a cm course? I finished my NVQ3 this year. It was challenging but worth while. Not because it was hard but the volume of work.

HSMM Sat 27-Aug-11 11:04:42

I put in risks associated with wet/hot/cold weather and what I would do about them.

I am on the last leg of my BA in Early Years with the Open University. It has been hard and with a high volume of work and my family will be glad to get me back again smile.

MUM2BLESS Sun 28-Aug-11 19:40:13

HSMM well done, all the best in your studies.

What have you been up to everyone?

Pamplemoussse Sun 28-Aug-11 19:46:36

a lovely lovely summer

a few Big Days Out and lots of picnics, walks, playgrounds, deer tracking, supported one mindee with mastering bike riding (yay)

just had a fortnight off, we went camping (rain rain rain, ho hum) and have been to lots of places for daytrips and whatnot

thinking about catching up with paperwork but cba grin

I don't want to go back to school runs/routines, it's been BLISS to just hang out with the children, esp the aft-schoolies whom I don't spend much time with in term-time

MUM2BLESS Tue 30-Aug-11 19:38:45

Thank you all.

I feel really happy. I am doing paperwork and seeing things really taking shape. Beeen minding three years in Sept.

Sorting out my risk assessment, will be looking at my first aid kits, tested my smoke alarms today. Doing learning journeys etc etc etc etc........

It's the best time for me with only one child with me during hols.

Question: I know some cm have to have children during the hols for financial reasons, when do you get to catch up on things if you are working all year round (with your hols taken of course). Not being judgemental just wondering how you are finding it?

MUM2BLESS Tue 30-Aug-11 19:40:13

To make it clearer. Cms who have several children to mind during the hols, with young kids or several kids of your own.

HSMM Fri 02-Sep-11 22:22:59

Well ... today was supposed to be my paperwork day, while DH works with less mindees, but we all went to the seaside instead.

MUM2BLESS Sat 03-Sep-11 16:17:26

Good for you. Have a lovely weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now