Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Early years Funding

(11 Posts)
trish3717 Fri 26-Aug-11 14:08:22

Hi there does anyone know how much the Early years funding for 3+ is per hour at the moment and if its going up ?? Thanks

LoonyRationalist Fri 26-Aug-11 14:40:36

Depends on your area, here it is £3.70 with no plans for an increase.

apotomak Fri 26-Aug-11 14:43:26

I think it depends where you live ... in my area it's £4.03 per hour per child from September 2011

badgerhead Fri 26-Aug-11 20:41:55

It definitely depends on what the LA will pay, in West sussex it is £3.77 per hour for the standard 15 hours or part of over 38 weeks, but if your child attends a nursery who spread it over 50 weeks then the amount is pro rartered down as there is a top annual amount paid.

trish3717 Sun 28-Aug-11 17:26:48

Thanks, I am in Devon, where can i find this info out??

watersign76 Sun 28-Aug-11 18:21:00

Your Local Authority should have a children's service/line which will tell you. I did look for Devon but their website is down! Our LA isn't keen on posting the info online for some reason, I guess because it is a bit complicated depending on hours your child goes to nursery etc.

Incidently, I am in London and our nursery has just written to us, they are sorting it all out for us and we aren't being asked to top up the hours that are free. We are saving £183 a month which is great.

Hope that helps.

Tanith Sun 28-Aug-11 20:59:41

The nursery aren't allowed to top up the funding. I do cynically wonder if the LAs are cagey about giving details of their funding so that parents won't realise that it's the nurseries and childminders themselves that are being forced to make up the shortfall.
I'm not even allowed to tell the parents who claim how much of their entitlement is actual LA funding.

Tanith Sun 28-Aug-11 21:01:33

Sorry - that didn't quite make sense! I meant that the nursery aren't allowed to charge you the top-up. smile

watersign76 Sun 28-Aug-11 21:26:18

Oooh that it interesting, thanks. Our nursery have definitely positioned it as their generous offer in the letter!

When I googled it did look like a motion is going through Gov to try to simplify it...but I am not sure that is the likely outcome!

watersign76 Sun 28-Aug-11 21:28:22

But actually I guess they are topping it up. I didn't know that. I wouldn't have expected that personally. If the funding was x, then I'd expected to pay any on top if x wasn't = an hour at the nursery/childminder.

ChitChattingaway Sun 28-Aug-11 22:12:49

Some nurseries claim that your child is not a fully paid for full time child, and then charge you part time rates which can be higher - making your saving less than you would think it should be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now