Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Bit of advice needed

(5 Posts)
nanny87 Thu 25-Aug-11 21:14:21

Im a nanny my current employers are in the process of looking for houses in the surrounding areas of london. But from where i live in london it wouldnt be possible for me to travel out of london daily for work. Im feeling abit stressed as i dont know where i stand as they are still in the process of trying to sell up here and look for houses but i know they have fallen in love with a particular house out of london. so ive been slowly job hunting just incase and today have been offered an interview. just needing abit of advice if i should go to this interview, to keep my options open.

LCarbury Thu 25-Aug-11 21:46:02

Yes, go to the interview. Good luck!

callaird Fri 26-Aug-11 21:08:36

I would talk to them. You don't know what they are thinking until they tell you!

If you don't think you can commute to the area that they are looking to move to, then go to the interview.

But please talk to them!

PigeonPair Fri 26-Aug-11 21:10:20

Do you think they might ask you to move with them and live-in? Maybe they don't want to say anything until they have something sorted (very unsettling for you though!).

Karoleann Fri 26-Aug-11 21:51:21

How odd that they haven't discussed it with you. We're in the same situation as we're house hunting, but I've made it very clear to my nanny that we won't be moving til next september (2012) as the kids schools won't work out til then. Maybe your employers are thinking of doing something similar. Especially if they're buying a wreck it will take time to do up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now