Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

First day tomorrow...

(8 Posts)
Jodyisagirlsmane Thu 25-Aug-11 20:36:58

I start my first nannying position tomorrow, I'm going for the afternoon for a 'settling' session, and I'm starting to get nervous!

Was planning on going to the park, but having had a look on google-maps and driving around the area, there doesn't appear to be any within walking distance, so not sure what to do now! The area the family live in seems to be just houses, and a couple of golf courses!!

Can;t wait til tomorrow is over and both the kids and I are feeling settled!! :lol:

redglow Thu 25-Aug-11 20:39:59

Good luck for tomorrow.

Jodyisagirlsmane Thu 25-Aug-11 20:40:48

Thank you!! I think MB is as nervous as I am, if not more smile

redglow Thu 25-Aug-11 20:47:15

I always find the first day will go quicker than you think, have they had a nanny before? Ask the mum where she normally takes them

Jodyisagirlsmane Thu 25-Aug-11 21:17:27

No, I'm their first! They have just moved into a new area as well, so I don't think they will know it that well... I really don't want to just hang around at home with MB and DB!!

eurycantha Fri 26-Aug-11 18:57:10

I hope your first day went well?

nannynick Fri 26-Aug-11 20:30:29

Golf courses can be fun... some have public rights of way through them - though you do need to be polite to the golfers and let them play. Have quite a few courses near where I work, though we do tend to avoid them.

How did today go?

Are you able to tell us your rough location... perhaps there are other nannies near you who you could meet up with and ask about places to go locally.

redglow Fri 26-Aug-11 22:06:01

Hope you got on ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now