Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Finding a new childminder

(7 Posts)
wolfear Wed 24-Aug-11 21:40:04

Hi

Is there a website that lists all your local childminders? I've found childcare.co.uk that lists quite a few but when I try to send them a message, I'm prompted to pay £20 for a three mont registration. Is there anywhere else I can look? I think £20 to send one message is a bit steep and contact details aren't listed.

Thanks

thebody Wed 24-Aug-11 21:51:51

local sure start centre should have a list of registered cms also Ofsted are very helpful, phone or look on line.

health visitor and doctors surgerys as well, £20 is a bit steep.

good luck..

hayleysd Thu 25-Aug-11 07:26:59

You might find some childminders message you if you've viewed their profile, if any do you can reply for free.

Your local families information service might have a website, ours haven't so you have to ring

anewyear Thu 25-Aug-11 08:56:48

Your local Childrens Center.
Now Im not sure, but Im sure I read somewhere that you local primary school/s 'should' hold a list? No harm in calling them..

wolfear Thu 25-Aug-11 09:09:45

thanks everyone smile

cupcakeandcoffee Thu 25-Aug-11 19:17:26

Go to your local government website where you should find links to childcare. They should list them for you if you search by postcode etc.

I didn't realise that £20 charge popped up for you on childcare.co.uk. As a childminder myself I always assumed that those who had viewed me were not interested if they didn't send a message and I didn't want to seem too desperate to message them (which is free for us for the first message!).

Good luck in searching.

hayleysd Thu 25-Aug-11 19:36:47

Its not free for childminders for first message it's £49.99 a year membership, I found a discount but it's well worth it as I got a mindee from there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now