Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Updateing Policies, some advice please, thank you !!

(7 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Wed 24-Aug-11 12:35:06

PLease could you let me know what should be on a complaints form (Complaints Policy).

I have my policy and would like to attach a form with it.

Name of person making complaint:

Address

Nature of complaint:

Date /time of complaint

What else could be included? Want to keep it short but not leave out the necessary information

Thank you so much

MUM2BLESS Wed 24-Aug-11 19:41:50

Any advice will be appreciated smile

stomp Wed 24-Aug-11 20:11:39

Mine is simple
Source of the complaint (parent, anonymous, Ofsted, other)
Nature of the complaint (Welfare requirements- list them, Learning & development, other)
Date of complaint -(because you will need to respond within 28 days, or If allegation is of abuse or serious harm inform LSCB & Ofsted within 48 hours by phone and follow up in writing within 14 days.)
Signatures
then
Actions and outcome
Signatures (again)

MUM2BLESS Wed 24-Aug-11 20:44:27

Thanks stomp.

Do parents need this within their complaints policy or is this for myself? Do I need to put in writing that I can supply them with a complaints form if required?

Never had to fill in one of these forms.

I know that Otsted may want to see this form.

stomp Thu 25-Aug-11 09:23:34

I think its considered 'best practice' to have a folder that you can show parents with complaints forms in it (blank and completed), I have a Complaints & Compliments folder that has nice letters from parents and cards etc in it too which i show all prospective parents.
The folder is out on display so if a parent did have a complaint its there ready for us to complete together. I've never filled one out- yet- either.

ChildrenAtHeart Fri 26-Aug-11 00:37:30

Not just best practice but a requirement that you have a complaints folder, even if its only got your policy in it lol. I have a complimements & complaints one too.
I give parents a copy of my policy & the form, with copies in the folder & a copy of the Ofsted complaints poster in there too.

MUM2BLESS Fri 26-Aug-11 20:09:14

Thanks Stomp and ChildrenAtHeart.... Great idea, will run with that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now