Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What time does a childminder take care of the kids until?

(10 Posts)
yesnomaybe Tue 23-Aug-11 23:45:56

Do childminders have a 'closing' time like nurseries? The reason I ask is a job I interviewed for would mean my returning at 7pm which seems late for a childminder!

AnnieLobeseder Tue 23-Aug-11 23:51:22

It's really up to the individual childminder, though 7pm does seem very late and you might struggle.

Have you considered looking at childcare near to work, so that they commute with you? It would mean shorter hours in childcare and you wouldn't have the extra stress of getting back in time if you get delayed.

lesstalkmoreaction Tue 23-Aug-11 23:53:28

Depends on the childminder, we all do our own thing. You just have to ask, you could always offer extra money for the last hour to make it appeal to someone.

lisad123 Tue 23-Aug-11 23:54:24

some will, some wont, i think most wont.

fabanflabby Tue 23-Aug-11 23:56:23

The latest my childminder would work to was 6.30pm as she had teenage children and liked to get on with her own evening. However there are some locally that do 7am - 7pm. It depends on area I guess.

Tanith Wed 24-Aug-11 00:04:37

How long is a piece of string? smile

Some childminders wouldn't work until 7; some are fine with it.

At the moment, my last children leave at 7, sometimes later and I do overnight care so it wouldn't bother me.

yesnomaybe Wed 24-Aug-11 07:48:47

Thanks!

gardenpixies32 Wed 24-Aug-11 09:25:46

Like some of the other posters said, it is possible to find a CM that will stay open until 7pm or even later.

I used to care for a little girl who was collected at 6pm apart from once a week when it was 10pm. I charge my usual rate from 8am-6pm then I charge a much higher fee for out of hours.

HTH smile

hayleysd Wed 24-Aug-11 17:10:03

I have some kids til 7 but mum knows I need to get my own kids sorted so the 2 year old usually gets bathed with my 20 month old and is ready for bed when she gets back, I do this most nights and have just registered for overnight but the other childminders were all shocked that I worked that late! Most if them only do part time though but I couldn't afford to lose a full time child for the same of an extra half hour

ChitChattingaway Fri 26-Aug-11 23:29:27

Some will, also some will if it's only for one or two nights out of the 5, and some will for one or two children only.

My CM will look after my 2 DSs once a week until 7, but then my two DC and her her two DC get along fabulously and for them it's like an extended play date!!!

She's also occasionally 'babysat', either at hers or at mine (she brings my 2 home and settles them in bed for the evening) after her normal day has finished and I've wanted a night out.

But then she's fabulous and both the boys and I love her to bits!!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now