Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Naps in a pushchair

(6 Posts)
Rudgey Tue 23-Aug-11 23:06:31

Is it acceptable to put a baby in a pushchair to sleep for their nap, would Ofsted think this ok. Mum not wanting day sleeps in a cot in the day so trying to find a solution that would suit us both.

nannyl Wed 24-Aug-11 08:08:21

so long as mum is happy i dont think ofstead should mind.

id get it in writing so you can show ofstead it has been discussed and that you are following mums wishes

HSMM Wed 24-Aug-11 08:24:14

I think it would need to be a secure, lie flat pushchair and you would have to make sure they were warm/cool. Get Mum to confirm in writing, as nannyl says.

Why doesn't Mum want daytime sleeps in a cot?

Strix Wed 24-Aug-11 11:45:36

She may want baby to learn to associate cot with longer night time sleeps. I am the same and perfectly happy for baby to sleep most anywhere in the day (ig but not limited to pushchair)

Why would OFSTED (or anyone) oppose this?

Rudgey Wed 24-Aug-11 13:55:47

Yes I think it is as Strix says with longer time sleeps at night. Thanks for advice, I will see if that suits her and will get it in writing.

Strix Wed 24-Aug-11 14:16:24

She may want baby to learn to associate cot with longer night time sleeps. I am the same and perfectly happy for baby to sleep most anywhere in the day (ig but not limited to pushchair)

Why would OFSTED (or anyone) oppose this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now