Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childcare for 5 year old during school holidays

(5 Posts)
CUKAmbassador Thu 18-Aug-11 20:30:43

My partner is a stay at home mum and has been taken ill and we have two children DS1(2 years) and DD1(5 years). The illness while not life threatening means she cannot look after the children and it could last for a matter of weeks or months(it's a little interderminate). It's lasted for 8 days so far but episodes can last for six months.

I have been able to take time off so far and for some next week but I am self employed so do not benefit from sickness pay & the illness could last months etc.

I have managed to increase DS1 time in nursery during the illness period but I am not sure what to do with DD1 during the School holidays. If it continues once back at school then I can organise everything around it.

I'm thinking a nursery agency or short-term nanny, cost isn't an issue. Does anyone have any good suggestions please?

Bananamash Thu 18-Aug-11 20:34:45

So sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she improves soon.

I would advertise on childcare.co.uk and nannyjob.couk

Where abouts in the uk are you?

KatyMac Thu 18-Aug-11 20:36:06

A good childminder could be very useful for you

CUKAmbassador Thu 18-Aug-11 20:39:03

Down in the GU postcode in Hampshire.

nannynick Thu 18-Aug-11 21:20:19

Have a look on childcare.co.uk for local childminders, nannies, possibly babysitters - never know who may be available for a couple of weeks.

GU postcode region covers a large area, so if someone on here is near you probably more useful to know the next one/two numbers.

If you are GU18, GU20 that sort of area then there is an ad-hoc childcare facility in Sunninghill - www.sunninghillplaycentre.co.uk

Another thing to consider is summer camps like those run by Camp Beaumont and Summercamps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now