Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

For CM's who have done their NVQ

(12 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Thu 18-Aug-11 14:32:21

Is it possible to do your childcare diploma (NVQ3) whilst working 50 hours childminding, as well as usual paperwork EYFS/ accounts etc if so when do you find the time?

Thanks

Pamplemoussse Thu 18-Aug-11 14:43:03

I was up to 2 am thurs fri sat nights for 2 years pretty much

well worth it, though, I learnt LOADS

LoveMyGirls Thu 18-Aug-11 14:49:52

OMG 2am shock I cannot do that I need a min of 8 hours as it is, I get up at 6.30am.

Wow! wishing i had never signed up for this now

HSMM Thu 18-Aug-11 14:59:26

Yes it is possible, depending on who you do your NVQ with. I was able to use a lot of my general day to day paperwork, policies etc for my NVQ, so I didn't need to do any extra work there.

The NVQ was really useful for me, as I updated policies from what I learned and wrote new ones that were missing. I also had to look at some of my day to day practice in a new light. All good for self evaluation.

You shouldn't have to do anything for your NVQ that you don't already know (more or less).

LoveMyGirls Thu 18-Aug-11 15:15:43

I've already signed up with parenta.

Already I have been sent 6 word docs. I am now worried I haven't got the time to dedicate as I already have a lot of paperwork.

I've got a SEF and lots of policies so maybe could copy and paste from that?

Danthe4th Thu 18-Aug-11 16:04:50

Best thing I did, Its just a shame I was never inspected by ofsted at the time as my policies, risk assessments, obs etc were amazing and all up to date. It opened so many doors for me as I have started another business up working in childrens centres and I couldnt have done it without the nvq3.
But I did do mine when everyone had gone to bed as I've 4 children and couldn't concentrate and I tended to leave the work until a week before the assessor was due and ended up having to stay up till 2am until I couldn't see the comp screen clearly, but thats how I tend to work best with a bit of pressure.

AfterTheGoldRush Thu 18-Aug-11 20:18:23

i have just done the first module of the FD which is a NVQ4 equivalent (i am led to believe) and i work 55 hours a day....and i am old too!

MUM2BLESS Wed 24-Aug-11 19:48:52

I completed my NVQ3 this year. It is possible but you may be doing lots of early the next morning to bed. i

I did an online course with visits from assessors. Lots of work involved, not hard but its the volume.

Also take into consideration your own family after you have finished cm.

MUM2BLESS Wed 24-Aug-11 19:50:55

Danthe4th. I also have 4 kids and found it easier when I was on my own at night.

LoveMyGirls Thu 25-Aug-11 20:49:13

Thanks, I've decided to try and limit my hours to 44 per week from december so I can have 6 hours child free when my dcs are at school and DH is at work so I can concentrate without being exhausted and have peace and quiet. I'm not good without sleep and I'm not at all academic. Hoping this way I can whizz through it asap without being too stressed.

How long did it take you all?

tigersmum Fri 26-Aug-11 09:38:29

I finished mine in less than 12 months. If you have been round the block a few times like I have its pretty straightforward. if you ever need any help just ask.

LoveMyGirls Wed 31-Aug-11 18:41:39

Thanks TM x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now