Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Gifts for parents

(4 Posts)
MogandMe Mon 15-Aug-11 09:32:53

It's my MB's birthday at the end of the month and I am struggling to come up with a gift for DC 3.10 to make. As I look around the lounge there are already framed photos, hand and feet on canvas, framed hand/foot prints, framed paintings. So I'm looking for something abit different.

I have thought about getting a plain china bowl for DC to draw on with permanant marker and then put a plant in it - but not sure hmm A nice thing I have done before is get a plain plate and get the children to do a family portrait on it in permanant marker but not sure MB would like it/put it up etc.

So any ideas smile

nannynick Mon 15-Aug-11 09:46:19

Does MB want something at all? I've never done things for my bosses birthdays. If the children want to do something, then fine they can do a card, they could even go to the flowershop and buy some flowers. I would take the que from the child... it's what they want to get their parent that is important I feel.

nannynick Mon 15-Aug-11 10:18:16

Oh and discuss with DB, as I feel it is DB's role to sort out a present from the children for MB.

nannynick Mon 15-Aug-11 10:23:06

Paper basket, with peppermint creams (without dipping in chocolate if you don't want too much mess). Fairly easy for a nearly 4 year old to do, possibly with a little assistance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now